Does Oris make a blue diver that is 39,40 or 41 mm with a 20 mm bracelet / strap?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does Oris make a blue diver that is 39,40 or 41 mm with a 20 mm bracelet / strap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Oris make a blue diver that is 39,40 or 41 mm with a 20 mm bracelet / strap?

Does a new or used Oris of this description exist??

Rolex 114060
    Sinn 556 Blue

Re: Does Oris make a blue diver that is 39,40 or 41 mm with a 20 mm bracelet / strap?

wow, this forum is tough on guys that don't frequent often ; )

After extensive research, the answer to my question appears to be no.

Customers (and prospective customers) have been asking Oris for a 40 mm version of the blue bezel / blue dial Aquis for years. Why they don't introduce it is beyond me. Especially for watch enthusiasts with smaller wrists (6.75 inches in my case) this is extremely disappointing. The 43 mm case version is too big, and the bracelet too wide. Shame.

Rolex 114060
    Sinn 556 Blue

Re: Does Oris make a blue diver that is 39,40 or 41 mm with a 20 mm bracelet / strap?

I can't think of a blue diver in the sizes you mention. Have you actually tried a 43mm Aquis on because it wears a lot smaller than the size would lead you to think. If you haven't yet tried one do so.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I can't think of a blue diver in the sizes you mention. Have you actually tried a 43mm Aquis on because it wears a lot smaller than the size would lead you to think. If you haven't yet tried one do so.
    Thanks for your reply. I ruled it out because it takes a bracelet that is 24 or 26 mm. That width is just unnecessary IMO!

Rolex 114060
    Sinn 556 Blue

Unnecessary, but that Aquis bracelet is pretty badass
    Best,
    Chuck

Seiko SRP777 | Halios Puck II

NS1

I kind of like the 43 mm blue version:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaracer1 View Post
    I ruled it out because it takes a bracelet that is 24 or 26 mm. That width is just unnecessary IMO!
    That's what I thought too until someone correctly pointed out that the width is as it protrudes from the case... and similar in width to traditional case that extends out to where the bracelets attaches to the case. In other words, the width where the bracelet meets the case is similar for both Oris and more traditional shaped case.

I know that a lot of us here have talked about wanting a 40mm version of the blue Aquis (right now it's only available in black, white, grey). Some of us, including myself, have written to Oris to express how much we want (need!) a 40mm blue Aquis, but we're a tiny group, and maybe Oris isn't getting that signal from the larger market. The 43mm does wear well on smaller wrists (I had a grey 43mm but it still was a bit too large on my 6.5" wrist). It doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult for Oris to make its 43mm Aquis versions available in 40mm, but who knows?
    Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    I know that a lot of us here have talked about wanting a 40mm version of the blue Aquis (right now it's only available in black, white, grey). Some of us, including myself, have written to Oris to express how much we want (need!) a 40mm blue Aquis, but we're a tiny group, and maybe Oris isn't getting that signal from the larger market. The 43mm does wear well on smaller wrists (I had a grey 43mm but it still was a bit too large on my 6.5" wrist). It doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult for Oris to make its 43mm Aquis versions available in 40mm, but who knows?
    I wrote to Oris. They said no blue planned for the 40 mm size. Too bad

Rolex 114060
    Sinn 556 Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaracer1 View Post
    I wrote to Oris. They said no blue planned for the 40 mm size. Too bad
    I really think Oris are missing a trick not producing a 40mm blue. Judging by the number of WUS members who ask about one they would sell like proverbial hot-cakes.
    RNHC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information