First-time Oris Owner - Sourcing a Strap Screw?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: First-time Oris Owner - Sourcing a Strap Screw?

First-time Oris Owner - Sourcing a Strap Screw?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, just registered. I purchased a pre-owned Oris ProDiver Date and the seller misplaced one strap screw. So I have both strap bars, but one bar is missing the screw that goes in the other side. The seller offered to pay for me to find one.

Is this a standard size screw that I can find somewhere? Or do I have to bring it to an AD? It's not the tri-screw...it's a flat-head.

Thanks!

There’s several on eBay - search ‘Oris screw’. You’d have to make sure you get the correct size for your watch.

Re: First-time Oris Owner - Sourcing a Strap Screw?

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the Oris service center will also have them and cheaper and faster than eBay.
    Ocean7 G2
    Stowa Prodiver
    Ocean7 American
    Ocean7 G1
    Ocean7 LM3
    Citizen aqualand
    Seiko 7s26-01x0 orange dial
    Seiko 6309 bought in hong kong in 81
    Sector Adv4000
    Accutron ti
    Cartier tank watch
    Wittnauer 14k

You could try the Oris Service centre in your country.
    cricketdave likes this.

You should try local as well man although I have went to 2 service centers and they had to order directly from ORIS so who knows.

Hi - I'm considering the bronze Oris Date, on the brown leather strap. I appreciate leather isn't really the best for a dive watch, so I would like to buy a rubber strap to alternate between functional and dress wear.
    My concern is... I understand the screws are "loctited" in place by Oris: once removed and replaced with the second strap, are the screws going to work loose with wear of the watch? I'd hate to lose the watch because one of the screws worked it's way free.
    Any advice/comments welcome - thanks.

You could buy the Oris I'm about to post in the sales forum, that'll have 2 of those screws attached to it! : o)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonS7671 View Post
    Hi - I'm considering the bronze Oris Date, on the brown leather strap. I appreciate leather isn't really the best for a dive watch, so I would like to buy a rubber strap to alternate between functional and dress wear.
    My concern is... I understand the screws are "loctited" in place by Oris: once removed and replaced with the second strap, are the screws going to work loose with wear of the watch? I'd hate to lose the watch because one of the screws worked it's way free.
    Any advice/comments welcome - thanks.
    I have an Aquis with the bracelet and rubber strap. I have swapped them over probably 5 or 6 times so far and have not had a problem with loose screws. There is a small dab of Loctite on each screw which I think helps to keep it in place. One thing to note is that if you order a new strap I am pretty sure they come with a spare set of bars and screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Benno1uk View Post
    I have an Aquis with the bracelet and rubber strap. I have swapped them over probably 5 or 6 times so far and have not had a problem with loose screws. There is a small dab of Loctite on each screw which I think helps to keep it in place. One thing to note is that if you order a new strap I am pretty sure they come with a spare set of bars and screws.
    Just to piggyback for watches I recommend the Loctite sick instead of the liquid, you can control much more easily how much gets onto the screw.

Thread Information