Great Barrier Reef III LE
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Great Barrier Reef III LE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So my new Oris showed up today. Pics cannot do this dial justice. Its absolutely stunning.

Attachment 14240969
    Attachment 14240971
    Last edited by gto05z; June 18th, 2019 at 09:58.
    Davemro, Barge, COZ and 5 others like this.
    IG #roscoe101010

Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE, Oris Aquis Regulateur Der Meistertaucher, Oris Aquis Staghorn LE, Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef III LE, Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT Titanium, Lum-Tec Bull 42 A20, Lum-Tec Combat B33 GMT, Luminox Atacama Field Day/Date Black, Raymond Weil Tango, Citizen Eco Drive Promaster, Citizen Eco Drive Pro Master Marine Aqualand 200m, Geckota S-01 300 m Auto Dive Watch , Seiko SKX007J1 modded, Seiko 5 Sports "Purple Haze" LE, Citizen Promaster Asia Limited Edition Fugu NY0097-87A, Victorinox INOX Pro Diver, Seiko Prospex "Save The Ocean Great White Shark Edition" Turtle 200M Automatic.

Re: Great Barrier Reef III LE

A stunning watch; I love the blue bezel and dial combination. And it supports a good cause too, the Reef Restoration Foundation.
    Last edited by MR028; June 18th, 2019 at 14:17.
    gto05z likes this.

Daaaaaaaaaang!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The dial colour is just out of this world. Oris really scored big with this one.

The Barrier Reef models have always been a looker!
    Brother of OoO

Stunning watch and the colour is beautiful.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Got the little brother today... Iím a happy man!

Name:  IMG_7385.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  351.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pdsf, Davemro and John Price like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSage View Post
    Got the little brother today... I’m a happy man!

Name:  IMG_7385.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  351.8 KB

That looks great! Congratulations!! What's the back like? What's the best and worst thing about it? :) If you have got yours in Australia, I am assuming they will reach the US soon.

How’s the size of the barrier reef? I’m torn between these 2 watches. The clean ocean looks boring besides the gbr but the size is better.

Quote Originally Posted by pdsf View Post
    That looks great! Congratulations!! What's the back like? What's the best and worst thing about it? :) If you have got yours in Australia, I am assuming they will reach the US soon.
    Here you go.

What I love about it:

The dial colour, it changes with the lighting. In a dark room with very warm toned ambient light, you can even see a bit of green oozing out of the supposedly blue dial. It is reminiscent of the ocean surface from a deep sea diverís point of view when looking up.

The bezel is very interestingly coloured as well. Itís a tone of dark blue but highly reflective as opposed to just plain glossy. Under certain lighting condition it may even appears to be a bit gray. It works really well with the dial colour in which the centre of the watch has the lightest hue of blue and gradually get darker going towards the perimeter of the watch.

I used to own a 43mm pre-facelift Aquis and I have to say the bezel action has seen improvement over the years. The clicks are a lot smoother compared to my old Aquis which felt a bit rough with noticeably more frictions between clicks.

The weight of the watch on bracelet is just on the sweet spot. My old 43mm Aquis could feel quite heavy after a few hours but this 39.5mm feels just a tad lighter than my Rolex GMT Master II, making it a delight to have on the wrist. Size wise I was going through a bit of shock initially seeing how small it looked on my wrist from the first glance. But I have been used to wear watches with bigger cases/lugs like my aforementioned Rolex Maxi-case GMT Master, Seiko Mini-Turtle and Orisí own Diver 65. Once my eyes adjusted after a few hour of wearing it and looking at myself in the mirror it felt right at home. For a guy with puny 6.25Ē wrist, I can certainly don the GBRIII but itíll feel more like a weekend casual watch. With the 39.5mm case and a very clean and simple dial design, I feel I can dress the Clean Ocean up for many other much more formal occasions.

There really isnít anything I dislike
    About this watch. Just a few concerns like polished surfaces, lack of more than 3 clasp fine adjustment holes but Iím aware theyíre all just part of the package. No major complaints here.

Name:  IMG_7387.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  343.0 KBName:  IMG_7388.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  359.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_7386.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  278.0 KB

Last edited by ChronoSage; June 21st, 2019 at 12:41.
    Davemro, pdsf, BrianMcKay and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information