Has anyone seen a replica with a red rotor?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Has anyone seen a replica with a red rotor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone seen a replica with a red rotor?

Just curious if the switch to the red rotor not only accomplished the intended brand identity effect but also created a bit of complication for the replica manufacturers (or fake makers) to align. I've not personally ever seen a fake with a red rotor and I've not seen a fake of any of the valjoux-movement watches that was not blatantly obvious to the naked eye... I sort of get the impression that Oris perhaps does not have enough cache or critical mass in popularity to warrant a rampant replica industry but perhaps others here have much more awareness than I on the trends.

Thoughts? Have you seen a poorly faked (or not so poorly faked) red rotor weight Oris?

rawlus

Re: Has anyone seen a replica with a red rotor?

The con-men will fake anything. Even fake Invicta and Timex watches. You can bet that there's fake Oris models floating around with red rotors. Just the way it is.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quite interesting, I would not have thought that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Didn't used to be that way. But in this age of the internet, they've got far more sophisticated than they used to be. It's no longer just the $10 or $15 Rolex fakes from China town that begin falling apart as you pick them up off the table. These disgusting con-men sell "replicas" off the net. Watches from every brand. Cheap Chinese automatic movements, somewhat decent quality materials used in the construction, and asking prices starting at $100 or a bit more for certain fakes.

It's disgusting.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Yes, I've seen fakes with red rotors and Asian Valjoux 7750 clone movements. I have yet to see a red rotor that copies the exact shape of the Oris rotor. They're pretty easy to spot.

Many Oris fakes have the red rotor so it is no guarantee that the watch is the real deal.

If they can fake the case and bracelet, I'm pretty sure they can paint the rotor red. That being said, the percent of fake vs real Oris watches is insignificant compared to brands like Omega and Rolex where you should be much more skeptical when buying from a non AD.

down here in bangkok. i havent seen a oris replica. but there's lot of fake rolex, breitling, panerai and u-boat.
    I like my money right where I can see it: strapped to my wrist.

Inactive

You only have to stick
    Replica Oris Williams TT3 GMT 01
    into google image search and you will find a red rotored "oris" chrono without the writing abot 15/20 images down , so the answer is yes
    Last edited by watchma; June 21st, 2013 at 11:04.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

(To the Mods - These are strictly educational comments to help prevent members from being scammed. My apologies if I am out of line)

As I said in my earlier post, don't use a red rotor as a criterion for judging a replica, because virtually every model that has a red rotor has been faked. Pay attention to the details and shape of the rotor, instead. Every red rotor fake I've ever seen is nothing like the authentic rotor, as you can see here, because there isn't enough demand for fake Oris's to justify the cost of making a high quality copy. You can spot the fake red rotors a mile away, painted or not.

REAL VS. FAKE

Name:  Oris auth rotor_s.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  83.9 KBName:  Oris fake rotor_s2.JPG
Views: 653
Size:  36.6 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; June 21st, 2013 at 19:01.
    nigelw likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information