Help..Already scratched/dented the bezel on brand new TT1 chrono :(

Thread: Help..Already scratched/dented the bezel on brand new TT1 chrono :(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help..Already scratched/dented the bezel on brand new TT1 chrono :(

Hello all,

I live in Sydney AUS and recently (as in not even a week ago) purchased my very first auto, an Oris TT1 Chrono. I am very happy with it and have had my eye on it for a long time and when a local AD had it on sale I had to get it. This is my frist post to this site as a new member but have read some threads on the site before and while I was researching what brand etc I wanted to get for my first auto.

The query I have is; I have obviously (and obliviously) bumped my watch someplace in the couple of days I have owned it and now I can't help but notice it. I want to know whether this bezel can be replaced down the track (as it is likely to get more bumps)? Is this the actual bezel that needs replacing or? Sorry if stupid questions, but I am just paranoid about it now and it is doing my head in. The steel band is also already got a few scratches however I understnad they can be polished/buffed out. FYI I have already tried to call the Oris listed AD in Victoria, MELB and the number keeps ringing to a voicemail. Any help is greatly appreciated! Picture is also attached. Thanks :)

P.S I know I might be being anal, but I spent a lot of money and like to have my things always looking nice..I hope some people share this same issue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Re: Help..Already scratched/dented the bezel on brand new TT1 chrono :(

Bezels are easy to replace. Call the Oris Service Centre for your region to find out what the cost will be.

Oris Australia P/L
    PO Box 5313
    3205 South Melbourne
    tel.: 03 95100200
    fax: 03 95100199
    [email protected]
    Last edited by BrentYYC; November 4th, 2013 at 04:04.

There is also a local (Aus) Oris Friends site ORIS Watch Forum - Friends of ORIS. You could try a post there also. I've had my TT1 chrono for a year and really like it. Welcome to the Oris club. Rob

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thansk to you both :) I have tried to call the service centre but no luck as yet, the number keeps ringing out..I did however contact Gregory's where I purchased the watch from and they advised they can organise for it to be repaired/replaced through Oris however said that it might be best to wait until I have more damage on it first (fingers crossed I don't anymore though!!). The lady actually said virtually any part on the watch can be replaced, which was good to hear. Do I need to worry about parts however becoming obsolete or no longer manufactured?

I have also created an account with Friends of Oris, however this site seems to have a much larger forum so thought I would get a response here quicker if anything. Thanks again people :)

Waiting until you sustain further damage before you get it repaired is silly, in my opinion. That's a significant ding and well worth fixing, particularly if you're finicky about things like that. Would you drive a car with a bashed in fender for years, waiting for additional damage to occur before you got it repaired. A bezel swap is a quick and relatively inexpensive repair (not covered by warranty, unfortunately), and there is no saving to be had (other than shipping cost) by waiting until there is further damage (which hopefully will never occur).

Here are a couple of tips for you. You probably caught the watch on a metal door frame or door knob/lever (very common). I've gotten into the habit of tucking my watch hand behind me as I'm passing by things like door frames/knobs, shopping carts, cars, etc. in order to protect it from banging against something and getting damaged (I don't even need to think about doing it anymore, it's become so ingrained). It probably cuts the unintentional 'hits' by 90%. The second thing you can do, if wear and tear on your bracelet clasp bothers you (it's the part that takes the biggest beating), is to stick a piece of heavy, clear packing tape on the clasp and cut it neatly to size. It will be invisible and it will protect your watch from 100% of desk diving scratches and swirls. When it gets worn or damaged, simply replace the tape.

Just like getting the first ding on your first new car.

The Oris bezel design makes it very susceptible to denting. It's a very thin band of steel or aluminum (can't tell which) which surrounds the bezel itself. The slightest impact will cause a dent. I don't wear my Oris that much anymore because of that. Had the bezel replaced, two weeks later a careless waitress put a ceramic plate down on my watch hand. Voila, another dent.

Thanks for the further suggestions people. I have sent an email to the Oris AD in Victoria and am waiting for a response. It it is 'fairly' inexpensive to get replaced I will consider doing it now. Otherwise I will need to leave it a bit. I guess it is part and parcel of wearing it daily, it will get banged up no matter how careful I am. Thought thanks for the tips BrentYYC, will have to give them a shot.

Has anoyone here sent their whole watch back to have this reaplced /repaired? how long do they generally need it for?

Quote Originally Posted by webstarrz View Post
    Has anoyone here sent their whole watch back to have this reaplced /repaired? how long do they generally need it for?
    I haven't done it for an Oris, but for what it's worth I did it for a Breitling and it took about three weeks to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    I haven't done it for an Oris, but for what it's worth I did it for a Breitling and it took about three weeks to get it back.
    Well that isn't too bad. Any recollection on what it cost you? I will look into it a bit further. Thanks again for all the advice, I look forward to hopefully getting some more nice timepieces in future and perusing the site a little more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information