Help me choose

Thread: Help me choose

Help me choose

I am desperate to buy an Oris divers watch but can't decide between the Aquis or the Divers, I'm tending towards either with the small second hand, the aquis is the more expensive but I can't understand why, as the Divers has the helium release button as an addition. Can anyone explain why the aquis is more expensive of the two.
    I've found good discounts on line from a couple of retailers who don't provide the Oris warranty, but give a two year warranty of their own, but with a 25% saving in cost I'm tempted to buy from them! has anyone got good or bad experiences from purchasing an Oris from them?
    many thanks
    Mickyg

Re: Help me choose

Please do not mention any non forum sponsor Oris dealers. Forum rules prevent mentioning dealers that are not forum sponsors. If you have any other suggestions, please contact the OP via e-mail or PM.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hohne View Post
    Please do not mention any non forum sponsor Oris dealers. Forum rules prevent mentioning dealers that are not forum sponsors. If you have any other suggestions, please contact the OP via e-mail or PM.

Chris
    Pk sorry about that, wasn't intentional I assure you, I would still like someone to point out the difference on models, ignoring the other art of my message,

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had the intention that the Divers Date cost more than the Aquis. It depends on your wrist size and how big you like your watches, the Divers are bigger, thicker and that's the way I like it. I went with Small seconds as my first Oris, could not be any happy.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Who knows why some watches get priced differently than others?

As far as choice goes, let your intended 'needs' be your guide. If you want a watch that's on the tool end of the spectrum, then get the Divers Small Seconds. If you want a dive watch that's a bit more versatile due to its slimmer case profile, then get the Aquis Small Seconds (it fits nicely under a sleeve for business casual use, whereas the Diver won't). He release valves are completely useless unless you're someone like an undersea welder living in a saturation environment on the sea floor, so don't be swayed by that. They're added to dive watches for marketing value. If you really want an Aquis with a HeV, then get the Aquis Maldives LE... it's the small seconds style you want, with a titanium case and He valve.

The other difference is that the Aquis comes with a superior strap & clasp. As far as I know, the Diver comes with the older style strap and clasp that requires cutting down to size in many cases. The Aquis has the new-style strap with diver extension clasp (the best on the market, IMO), which doesn't require cutting, is very easy to adjust, and has a massive wrist size range from less than 6" all the way up to over 9". The strap/clasp has waaaay more value than a useless He release valve.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; January 10th, 2014 at 18:17.

The Diver Date Small Seconds is usually more expensive than the 43mm Aquis date. I should think that you are paying for the small seconds function and the helium valve. The biggest difference is the weight of them - the DD Small Seconds is a beast of a watch so try them both on in an AD.

Thread Information