How accurate is your Oris? - Page 6
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How accurate is your Oris?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: How accurate is your Oris?

Not an official measurement, but my Clipperton gained about 3 seconds when worn 24/7 over the course of 3 days when measured against the official government site. Definitely okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rcorreale View Post
    You’re not making any sense. First you say +9 spd is ok and then you say it’s not desirable.
    Sorry for not being explicit! I meant that if it runs +9 seconds faster always, it is fine but if it gains +9 seconds a day, that would make it faster by roughly 90 seconds in 10 days and so on which is definitely not Okay for me! So +9 seconds always is absolutely fine! I just do not want that it keeps doing this incrementally!

Quote Originally Posted by Joesan View Post
    Sorry for not being explicit! I meant that if it runs +9 seconds faster always, it is fine but if it gains +9 seconds a day, that would make it faster by roughly 90 seconds in 10 days and so on which is definitely not Okay for me! So +9 seconds always is absolutely fine! I just do not want that it keeps doing this incrementally!
    Well if it gained 9 seconds in the first day it’s not going to magically stop gaining any more time, so it’s rate of gain is 9 seconds per day every single day, give or take a couple of seconds one way or the other dependent upon your wearing and resting off the wrist habits. And by the way for a non chronometer watch, that’s a very good and accurate rate of timekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Try self regulating. My Aquis runs slowest if left crown down overnight. I believe +9 seconds is within spec for that watch. How long have you had it?

mine is back to -1.5 seconds a day after a few weeks of -5 seconds a day.

Can anyone give me some guidance on how I can make the check for my Oris Divers 65 against some standard? Right now what I do is that I check the time on the internet and compare this against my watch. Is this the correct way to do? For example., I check the time against this:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I compare this to my watch and I identify if it is fast or slow! Is this the correct way to do it?

Can anyone give me some guidance on how I can make the check for my Oris Divers 65 against some standard? Right now what I do is that I check the time on the internet and compare this against my watch. Is this the correct way to do? For example., I check the time against this:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

I compare this to my watch and I identify if it is fast or slow! Is this the correct way to do it?
    Yes that works and the longer you go in time from first checking the more accurate your check will be as the slight error using that process will be a much smaller percentage.

There’s a more accurate way which involves using a stop watch. If you go over to the high accuracy quartz forum and search for “stopwatch method” you’ll find it.

I've got a Big Crown Pointer Date which runs about +3 spd measured against time.is, so that's perfect for me. It is my most worn watch at the moment, and my accuracy is the combination of on my wrist during the day and face up overnight..

download and use the WatchTracker app

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information