How accurate is your Oris?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How accurate is your Oris?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

To all you Oris owners....So far I've been a bit of a chronometer snob in that I won't even consider something that isn't COSC certified. If my watch isn't within 0 to +3 a day I'm a bit depressed with the watch. I'm trying to be cured of that.

I'm very interested in adding a Big Crown or Aquis to my collection but I have no idea what to expect from it accuracy-wise. How does yours rate? And, if I end up disappointed, are these ETA/Sellita movements able to be regulated by an expert if I'm willing to pay for that after the fact? TIA!

My Pro Pilot has not been more than +2, while my Aquis hovers around +5 to +8. It is all luck of the draw really.
    Catatafish likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGV223, Grand Seiko SBGV225, Grand Seiko SBGV205, Grand Seiko SBGT241, Oris Aquis, Oris Pro Pilot, Sinn LE 556i, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Samurai, G Shock GX-56bb, G Shock GW-b5600

Re: How accurate is your Oris?

The SW200 in my ProDiver Date was one of the very few watches i have timed and it kept time to COSC requirements.
    Catatafish likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's very encouraging, I'm really digging the aquis lineup especially the special edition eco stuff I've run across.

Extremely accurate. My Oris Aquis was +7 seconds out of the box, so I had my watchmaker regulate it. Two weeks later, it's still dead on to the second every time I check it against the atomic clock I use online. It seems that it gains +1 in the daytime and loses -1 over the course of the night. So very early morning, it's one second slow, and very late evening it's one second fast (probably has to do with being fully wound all day, but not all night). Like I said, it's only been two weeks, so I'm hoping it holds up in the long run, but I'm really impressed.
    Catatafish likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by frabr View Post
    Extremely accurate. My Oris Aquis was +7 seconds out of the box, so I had my watchmaker regulate it. Two weeks later, it's still dead on to the second every time I check it against the atomic clock I use online. It seems that it gains +1 in the daytime and loses -1 over the course of the night. So very early morning, it's one second slow, and very late evening it's one second fast (probably has to do with being fully wound all day, but not all night). Like I said, it's only been two weeks, so I'm hoping it holds up in the long run, but I'm really impressed.
    Outstanding. That's really all I needed to hear, that it can be regulated to within COSC specs after purchase if need be.....or Rolex/METAS specs which you got is even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Catatafish View Post
    Outstanding. That's really all I needed to hear, that it can be regulated to within COSC specs after purchase if need be.....or Rolex/METAS specs which you got is even better!
    Yeah, I'm very happy with the result! I don't know alot about movements, other than their names, but I think I read somewhere that the Sellita SW200, which is what the Oris 733 in the Aquis is based on, can easily be regulated to COSC specs. Keep us updated on your accuracy if you decide to buy the watch. :)
    Catatafish likes this.

I have been measuring the accuracy of my Oris Aquis using the Toolwatch App on iPhone.

Over a week the watch is currently running at an average of -1.5 seconds per day (which is apparently more accurate than 82.2% of all tested watches on the App).

+.2 spd on my Carlos Coste LE, over 1,055 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, my Aquis isn't the most accurate watch I own, but it isn't bad (hovers around +5, give or take), but I just noticed it changes date at exactly midnight. Of course my pic is about 10 seconds late, but either way I grabbed a pointless pic that proves nothing. GS is renowned for their date change, but not a single one of mine changes until well after midnight, generally around 12:03 to as late as 12:07. This is the only watch I have ever owned to be dead on. It is just pure luck, but pretty cool. I will have to check out my Pro Pilot now, too. Here is my pointless pic.Name:  20190323_000939_1553268697424.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  2.77 MB
    Grand Seiko SBGV223, Grand Seiko SBGV225, Grand Seiko SBGV205, Grand Seiko SBGT241, Oris Aquis, Oris Pro Pilot, Sinn LE 556i, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Samurai, G Shock GX-56bb, G Shock GW-b5600

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information