How is Oris Customer Service?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: How is Oris Customer Service?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How is Oris Customer Service?

Hello, new to the forum. Thought this might be a good place to seek advice.

I recently purchased an Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (from an authorized dealer listed on their website). I was SUPER excited, had been wanting a proper watch for over ten years. Something I could pass down to my son. And I FINALLY got it.

I went home and tried to register my watch, for the third year of extended warranty service, and... "invalid serial number". I immediately emailed Oris and contacted the dealer. The dealer and I both have tried contacting Oris and neither have gotten a response in two weeks! I tried filling out the drop down menu help request ticket thing and emailed them directly a couple times and... nothing.

I'm honestly almost shocked at their lack of responsiveness. Is this normal from their customer service? Any advice?

I hesitated to post this because I don't want to come across the wrong way. I love the watch, I just want a response and some reassurance that the watch isn't fake and that I'll get proper service if the need arises or that the problem will be fixed in some other way, perhaps a replacement. I'm not sure what is normal to expect.
    evlkoala likes this.

Re: How is Oris Customer Service?

Did you find the dealer you bought from listed as an AD on the Oris site?

About a year ago I had to contact Oris about some things and they generally responded within a couple days.
    evlkoala likes this.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Reports of Oris CS vary with some people stating that it is very bad and others maintaining that they found it to be good. Knowing that they can be less than excellent in this department I’d keep on badgering them. As you bought it from an AD get them involved too because IMO that’s why you buy from an AD - to be looked after in situations like this.
    evlkoala likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When I was dealing with them, I found them to be moody, although my rep though I walked on water.

Quote Originally Posted by mplsabdullah View Post
    Did you find the dealer you bought from listed as an AD on the Oris site?

About a year ago I had to contact Oris about some things and they generally responded within a couple days.
    Yes, an AD from their website.

How did you contact them, email?

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Reports of Oris CS vary with some people stating that it is very bad and others maintaining that they found it to be good. Knowing that they can be less than excellent in this department I’d keep on badgering them. As you bought it from an AD get them involved too because IMO that’s why you buy from an AD - to be looked after in situations like this.
    The AD is trying with no luck as well. I'll keep on badgering them though.

Is it common for Oris watches to come back serial number invalid?

I'd like to help if possible. In my experience a serial not coming up is most often due to it being a limited edition. If that's the case the serial is based on the Ltd # rather than the 7 digit serial. Oris USA is very responsive, so PM me the info and I'll see what I can find
    toph and Jeff Scott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchmaker View Post
    I'd like to help if possible. In my experience a serial not coming up is most often due to it being a limited edition. If that's the case the serial is based on the Ltd # rather than the 7 digit serial. Oris USA is very responsive, so PM me the info and I'll see what I can find
    That's great! Much appreciated. I'll send PM in just a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjbrock View Post
    Yes, an AD from their website.

How did you contact them, email?
    Yes I emailed them several times and they always responded.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

I emailed Oris and the AD again.

Also PMd TheWatchmaker. Funny enough, I had considered contacting TheWatchmaker through their website after reading lots of positive reviews about their customer service. Then realized who was offering help after the fact. Very kind of you!

Hoping to get this resolved and will follow up for anyone else that might be in a similar situation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information