I have an Aquis incoming, will it make me get rid of my PO?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By moky
  • 1 Post By BrentYYC
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By tumbler
  • 1 Post By MrGone

Thread: I have an Aquis incoming, will it make me get rid of my PO?

I have an Aquis incoming, will it make me get rid of my PO?

Hey guys, got a question for you...

I'm a long time Oris fan, and Omega fan. I've owned a couple of TT1s, really liked them.

I've recently picked up a PO (2500C) and I really really love it. However, I'm wondering how you guys think the Aquis compares. I know I'm getting a biased audience, but I feel like I'd get a more balanced opinion here than in the Omega forum. I wanted a black faced diver that could pull double duty as something I could wear with jeans, but could also wear to work or dinner.

With the understanding that the Omega cost me a good bit more, how do you guys think they compare? (The Aquis is on a steel bracelet) I like the aesthetics a LOT, I'm hoping the quality is close to being on par with the Omega as well. It'll make my decision a lot easier.

What say you guys? How do they compare?
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

Re: I have an Aquis incoming, will it make me get rid of my PO?

owning both, i feel that that the aquis has a chunkier appearance because of the edgy shape of the metal bracelet and it has a flat face where as the PO would have a sloping/angled bezel, if u know what i mean. i do like them both but feel the aquis is a bit more balanced than the po is because of the strap design.
    throwing in my photo just for good measure
    Fomenko and bamagrad03 like this.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I own examples from both brands and I think the quality question is a throwaway because they're both of comparable build quality. If it was a question of value for your dollar and you could choose only one, I would say Oris all the way. If it's a question of having both, I would say "why not?" Choice of what to wear on any given day is a good thing. If you're ever looking for a 'serious' diver, though, I say ditch the PO, get an Oris Prodiver and don't look back.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:21.
    bamagrad03 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have to second what Brent has said though I don't doubt that the members who frequent the Omega forum will shout us down. If anything the Aquis is more of a tool watch than the PO but is a heck of a watch all the same. Because the Aquis and the PO have different uses for when you wear them I don't think that your new Aquis will make you want to get rid of the PO It will just be a case of you deciding which watch suits the occasion best.
    bamagrad03 likes this.

i'm not sure why members in omega forum will shoot you down.
    i have a few Omegas, while none of them are a PO, the closest would be the SMPc...i also have the Aquis.

in terms of value for money, Aquis is right up there.
    but the SW200 in the Aquis, as accurate as it may be, doesnt feel as 'refined' as an ETA as like found in the PO2500.
    then again, if one wanted an ETA in an Aquis, there is always the Maldives LE :D

It will make you get rid of the Planet Ocean... which you can just drop in the mail to me.
    bamagrad03 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    i'm not sure why members in omega forum will shoot you down.
    i have a few Omegas, while none of them are a PO, the closest would be the SMPc...i also have the Aquis.

in terms of value for money, Aquis is right up there.
    but the SW200 in the Aquis, as accurate as it may be, doesnt feel as 'refined' as an ETA as like found in the PO2500.
    then again, if one wanted an ETA in an Aquis, there is always the Maldives LE :D
    SW200 vs a modified ETA isn't a deal breaker for me. I've had an SW200 in many watches and felt it to be a fine movement. But the casing and attention to detail in my PO is what makes me appreciate it over a number of watches I've had in the past. I'm hoping for a similar experience with the Aquis.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

I've found that any of the SW220 / 2824-2 movements can be easily regulated to run within +2 sec / day (which is where my Titan C is running now and has since I've had it regulated).

Which watch you'll like better of if you'll want to get rid of one is a question only you can answer.
    Do you want brand recognition? Omega
    More 'refined' look? Omega (though I never liked the squished numbers on the bezel)
    Value? Oris
    A watch you can wear in all circumstances? tie IMO
    Something to use tons of different straps with? Omega
    A high quality watch that flies under the radar? Oris
    Watch that keeps it's value? Not sure on this one as I haven't looked into new vs. used pricing on them.
    Established Swiss brand? Tie.
    Watch that fits easily under a shirt cuff? Omega

Which of those is most important to you, only you know that.

Enjoy your new Aquis, post pictures when you get it :)
    bamagrad03 likes this.

Thread Information