Joined the Oris Club Finally (and a buying tip)
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By nharris
  • 2 Post By CMSgt Bo
  • 2 Post By roadie
  • 2 Post By braith7

Thread: Joined the Oris Club Finally (and a buying tip)

Joined the Oris Club Finally (and a buying tip)

Long time reader, but rarely post and I was too excited not to...

So I finally pulled the trigger on the Divers Sixty-Five 42mm Blue dial. I've had my eye on this collection for a while and finally decided to give Rob at Toppers a call. The watch is amazing and hasn't come off my wrist in days.

Thank you to Rob at Toppers for making the transaction as smooth as possible.

I'm hoping I can help some of you save some money with what happened to me... As buying from an AD, the price is always a touch more than the grey market. For me, it was worth buying from an AD. Right after my purchase, I received an generic email from my credit card company (Citi Double Cash Card) about price rewind.

I figured why not submit my watch to see what happens. All I did was log in, select my watch from their list of items, provided a copy of my receipt and the link to for the grey market price. It only took two days, but the request was approved and I will be reimbursed the difference that I paid between the AD and Grey Market. Quite a deal in my opinion!!! Paid pricing, without tax too and still received the watch fast and from an authorized dealer.

I'm hoping this little story can help some of you save some hard cash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chris Hohne; February 4th, 2017 at 02:30.
    Kritik likes this.

Re: Joined the Oris Club Finally (and a buying tip)

Nicely done. A beautiful watch.

That's a nice trick with the credit card company but could be going close to fraud... by going through the AD you essentially bought two items - 1. A watch, and 2. A warranty (or at the very least, Owner Club Membership). While the grey market price is just for the watch.

Not saying I wouldnt like to try that too, just... could be iffy. ☺

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

The OP contacted me with concerns that this post may be viewed as promoting fraud. This was not the OPs intention and he asked for the thread to be removed. We don't usually remove threads unless wrongdoing has occurred, so I did some research and found that this cash back offer is indeed offered through his credit card company and that he did not apply for a "price match". Additionally it appears his credit card company does not differentiate between grey market vendors and ADs. Some may consider this a loophole and others may see it as a service that the member is paying for with higher card charges (variable APR between 13.49% to 23.49% based on the customers creditworthiness). From Citi's own web site here:

Citi Price Rewind
    Did you get the lowest price on your Citi® card purchase? Let’s find out. Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind. Citi Price Rewind does that hard work for you.

Since I see no fraud or deception I'll allow this thread to stand. If this type of service presents a moral dilemma you are free to give your opinion but be respectful of other members opinions.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; February 1st, 2017 at 18:11.
    Bigdaftboy and Kritik like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on the new watch - this one has benn calling to me but the man from Sinn has stayed my hand. Congratulations also on the price match thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    Hey guys,

The OP contacted me with concerns that this post may be viewed as promoting fraud. This was not the OPs intention and he asked for the thread to be removed. We don't usually remove threads unless wrongdoing has occurred, so I did some research and found that this cash back offer is indeed offered through his credit card company and that he did not apply for a "price match". Additionally it appears his credit card company does not differentiate between grey market vendors and ADs. Some may consider this a loophole and others may see it as a service that the member is paying for with higher card charges (variable APR between 13.49% to 23.49% based on the customers creditworthiness). From Citi's own web site here:

Citi Price Rewind
    Did you get the lowest price on your Citi® card purchase? Let’s find out. Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price on the registered items you pay for with your Citi card at hundreds of online merchants. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of your initial purchase date, you may receive the difference between the price you paid and the lower price found by Citi Price Rewind. Citi Price Rewind does that hard work for you.

Since I see no fraud or deception I'll allow this thread to stand. If this type of service presents a moral dilemma you are free to give your opinion but be respectful of other members opinions.
    Thanks CMSgt Bo for such a clear and concise reply to this thread. It's not very often that an adminitrator will go to such an extent to research and explain a particular topic. Thank-you
    Bigdaftboy and nharris like this.

Banned

huh, this is interesting, very interesting

Nice when you get an unexpected bonus!
    Just when you think there are enough arseholes in the world, someone else always proves you wrong!

I want to apologize to the OP for any stress my post might have caused - I obviously didn't research into it and shouldn't have suggested any wrong doing when you were just being smart and taking advantage of the offer built into your credit card product.

Congrats on the awesome new watch 🖒

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Kritik and nharris like this.

Great tip, thanks for posting. Congratulations on joining the Oris family!

Thread Information