Lume comparisons on Aquis models
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fomenko

Thread: Lume comparisons on Aquis models

Lume comparisons on Aquis models

Hello! I have a question for you Oris fans out there. I have the green bezel Oris Aquis and love the lume intensity. I was thinking of getting another or trading, and was wondering about the lume intensity of the other colors. I'm not into orange at all, but like the grey model a lot as well as the silver and the blue (I'd get one of each if I could!). Does anyone have any lume comparison shots? Opinions? The bright lume of the green looks so good-- one of my favorite features of the watch.

Re: Lume comparisons on Aquis models

The best Lume is going to be the ones with Super-LumiNova C3 which is what you have. I just got the same watch. I also have the Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition which uses Super-LumiNova BG W9 which is the second brightest lume.

You can go to Oris's website and when you find a watch you like click on the picture. From there you can click on the "+" to the right of "Dial" and it will tell you what type of Lume that watch dial uses.

Additionally, for reference purposes, see the chart from Super-LumiNova below. Keep in mind that the amount of Lume paint they apply to the hands and indexes also effects how bright and how long lasting the Lume is. The more paint they apply the better/brighter/longer lasting the Lume is. I would say that both my Aquis Green bezel with the C3 and the Royal Flying Doctor are at the top of the list in the Lume department. Right up there with my Omega PO 600M. I like the Blue Lume color the best but the green is also very nice. Just a personal preference. To each his own...

Name:  Super-LumiNova Chart.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  98.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
    The best Lume is going to be the ones with Super-LumiNova C3 which is what you have. I just got the same watch. I also have the Royal Flying Doctor Service Limited Edition which uses Super-LumiNova BG W9 which is the second brightest lume.

You can go to Oris's website and when you find a watch you like click on the picture. From there you can click on the "+" to the right of "Dial" and it will tell you what type of Lume that watch dial uses.

Additionally, for reference purposes, see the chart from Super-LumiNova below. Keep in mind that the amount of Lume paint they apply to the hands and indexes also effects how bright and how long lasting the Lume is. The more paint they apply the better/brighter/longer lasting the Lume is. I would say that both my Aquis Green bezel with the C3 and the Royal Flying Doctor are at the top of the list in the Lume department. Right up there with my Omega PO 600M. I like the Blue Lume color the best but the green is also very nice. Just a personal preference. To each his own...

Name:  Super-LumiNova Chart.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  98.3 KB
    disappointing - dark orange is not that bright in relation to the reference, but its still not exactly a clear reference of how bright BG W9 is, for example it could be as bright as the sun so dark orange lume could still be bright enough....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for this awesome reference on lume-- I am new to this, so this really helps. I love the "glow" of the C3, but it looks like the BG W9 would be great, too, which is on most of the other models. Now I want to re-lume other watches!

Unless it's the orange lume whith is pathetic you will be just fine with any of the Oris range.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Unless it's the orange lume whith is pathetic you will be just fine with any of the Oris range.
    that bugs me - i was all set for the orange marker orange strap aquis date, the crappy lume has made it a bit of a downer...mainly because i have the aquis date blue ceramic which is BG W9 and i love admiring the lume.

doesnt make sense for a diver....at least the strap stands out lol
    Last edited by simba; July 10th, 2015 at 23:05.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    that bugs me - i was all set for the orange marker orange strap aquis date, the crappy lume has made it a bit of a downer...mainly because i have the aquis date blue ceramic which is BG W9 and i love admiring the lume.

doesnt make sense for a diver....at least the strap stands out lol
    The orange does look cool, though!

The more I look at the green, the more I like it. Yet, I am a woman with small wrists (6 inches), and the 43mm is huge on me. I was thinking of selling or trading to get a 40mm grey.

Got to agree that the orange does look spectacular. It was a simple choice for me - good looks in the daylight or bright lume and the daylight looks won easily. If I want to burn my eyes out with lume I just charge a Seiko up.

These are old pictures that I've posted a couple of years ago, when I got the Maldives.
    I guess they can be of use...

Name:  IMG_0734.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0758.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  65.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0756.JPG
Views: 592
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0752.JPG
Views: 593
Size:  94.2 KB
    William1Wilson likes this.

+1 on the orange lume being weak - but it looks soooo good during the day! (and I've found it actually has enough persistence to make it through most of the night at a fairly dim but generally readable level w/ a good charge beforehand)
    Current Watches:

*1950's Omega Seamaster
    *Android Octopus
    *Tissot Seastar Powermatic 80
    *Seiko PADI Turtle
    *Bulova Accutron II Snorkel
    *Steinhart Ocean One Vintage
    *Alpina Seastrong 300
    *Vostok Amphibia
    *Ocean7 LM-3 V2
    *Seiko SKX007
    *Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 Skin