My first Oris !
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: My first Oris !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first Oris !

Well, I joined the Oris club yesterday !

I'm not new to watches in general (I have numerous Swiss and non-Swiss watches), but haven't really ever owned a "luxury" watch, or, more specifically, let's say something in the $3K+ range. I've been drooling over a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm in Dark Rhodium dial for many, many months now. The issue with the OP is I would be very limited in where / how I can wear it. Monday to Friday I'm wearing a smartwatch, and on the weekends is when I rotate in my analogs. I also wear my analogs a lot more when travelling. Anyways, long story short, the OP is a watch I wouldn't be able to wear in many situations, due to numerous factors including my job, outdoor activities, etc etc. So while I will eventually buy one, I started looking at alternatives that were more practical for me. Obviously, I stumbled across this forum, and started to learn about Oris. Very interesting brand, very interesting history. I also like their environmental efforts (even if it's more marketing than anything else, them talking about it has intrinsic value).

I like a LOT of their models, to be honest. The Artelier and Aquis lines have some really nice watches that would quite nicely suit my wrist Then I came across the Divers Sixty-Five. I liked a lot of these as they come in (what feels like) an infinite number of colour / style combinations. I was cruising YouTube watching some video reviews and one of them was on the Divers Sixty-Five with the bronze bezel. That 5 minutes pretty much did me in. Don't ask me why, but I completely fell in love with the bronze bezel. Even just overall, how this watch looks aesthetically, from the black dial to the domed crystal to the polished case to the brushed tapered bracelet. It honestly didn't take too many sleeps to figure out this was going to be my first "luxury" watch purchase. I wore it all evening yesterday after sizing it, and have been wearing it all morning today. I have to say, I'm extremely happy with the purchase. What's most interesting to me is that I even like this watch at all. Personally, I'm not a fan of diver watches. In general, I hate rotating bezels. So why do I like this one ? Honestly, I have no idea....

And finally, in true WIS fashion, I am now considering my next Oris ! Either an Aquis Source of Life or an Aquis Great Barrier Reef. Hrmmmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions

Name:  IMG_20191214_221533.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  232.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20191214_221548.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  197.9 KB
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Re: My first Oris !

Congrats! the Divers 65 is a watch that needs to be seen to be appreciated. I tried the green dial version on a few montgs ago and was very impressed with it.

if i ever get round to picking one up yours would be the colour variant id choose.

Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Yukoner1 and evlkoala like this.

The Oris 65 is quite a cool watch. Only reason I am holding off is that I feel the hour hands are kinda ugly and boring looking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on your first Oris. And thanks for taking the time in providing your watch journey and your initial impressions and pics of your Oris 65. The Oris 65 is a beautifully re-designed and crafted homage to its original. Enjoy your new diver.
    Yukoner1 likes this.

Thanks all. I also have to say - now that I've worn it for a half day, I am quite impressed with how comfortable it is. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel (in terms of comfort) with the tapered bracelet, but then when I got it I also noticed how much weight this watch has (considerably more than most of my other watches). Neither is an issue, this watch is extremely comfortable and the ability to micro-adjust the bracelet at the clasp is very handy as well.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Very nice piece, enjoy!
    Yukoner1 likes this.

Congrats!
    Yukoner1 likes this.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

Congrats on the Oris!! That is a beautiful timepiece! I too love the divers 65 and it really is a strap monster!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yukoner1 likes this.

...love this classic diver, always have.

Especially love the look with the leather or nylon band options some come with. The bezel with the bronze edge caught my attention too...nice add that is not too dressy especially with a leather strap.

Still researching which of the four grades of SW200 the 733 is based on (standard, special (elaboré), premium (top) and chronometer). Seriously doubt it's COSC certified but maybe someone here knows and can save me the time, this detail is tough to locate.

At any rate, congrats and enjoy that beaut!
    Last edited by mercurynfo; December 16th, 2019 at 03:51.
    Yukoner1 likes this.

You can’t go wrong with Oris. Congrats and enjoy!
    Yukoner1 and evlkoala like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information