My Oris TT1 300M - still going strong.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Cana
  • 2 Post By Cana
  • 2 Post By Drudge

Thread: My Oris TT1 300M - still going strong.

My Oris TT1 300M - still going strong.

I've had my Oris for 3 1/2 years now and it gets the most wrist time of all my 40+ watches. I'm sad to say that it's no longer offered by Oris. The 2 tone bracelet is now single tone. Can't get that 2 tone, shiny and flat Oris bracelet look back. I don't like that you can't get Oris service in Canada any more but lucky for me I haven't needed any. I love the 4 o'clock crown and the titanium makes this a very light watch to wear.
    If you can find one this is a great watch.
    sticky and sheepdog812 like this.

Re: My Oris TT1 300M - still going strong.

That is a killer watch. I just got my first Oris myself and funny you mentioned Oris doesn't have service in Canada. I'm in Toronto and I looked at Oris website and it says the repair center in Montreal?

SWISS WATCH SHOP
    5165 RUE SHERBROOKE WEST UNIT# 103
    H4A 1T6 Montreal
    tel.: 514-489-1444
    fax: 514-489-5539
    [email protected]

Unless it is no longer open and the website has not been updated?

"Racing - because football, soccer, baseball and basketball only use one ball!"
    Join the H2O-Watch Addicts Anonymous FB Group!!

I like Ti too because it means that I can wear the larger Oris watches on my skinny wrists. Over the years Oris have made many fine watches that they have discontinued - that's progress for you. However, you're right your TT1 is a particularly good example of Oris style and is a piece a would have bought had they still made it. Wear yours with pride.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by Cana View Post
    I don't like that you can't get Oris service in Canada any more but lucky for me I haven't needed any.
    See below....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny T View Post
    That is a killer watch. I just got my first Oris myself and funny you mentioned Oris doesn't have service in Canada. I'm in Toronto and I looked at Oris website and it says the repair center in Montreal?

SWISS WATCH SHOP
    5165 RUE SHERBROOKE WEST UNIT# 103
    H4A 1T6 Montreal
    tel.: 514-489-1444
    fax: 514-489-5539
    [email protected]

Unless it is no longer open and the website has not been updated?
    That IS the official Oris service centre for Canada. I was in touch with them last month about sending in one of my Oris for service.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; April 28th, 2013 at 19:38.

That's great news. For a while we had to send them to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    See below....

That IS the official Oris service centre for Canada. I was in touch with them last month about sending in one of my Oris for service.
    Bumping a REALLY old thread here, but is it worth it to send my watch to Montreal to simply get a quote on a repair to my Oris?
    Are there no shops in Toronto that has equivalent service, and doesn't require me to ship the watch?
    My Collection:
    Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual
    Omega "Frankenwatch"
    My dad's old quartz Omega
    Oris BC4 Small Second Pointer Day
    JLC Grande Reverso Calendar

Just got my Oris TT1 300M back from the Swiss Watch repair centre in Montreal yesterday. The stem had broken. Had a complete job done on it after all it is now 6 years old and had never been serviced. It truly looks like the day I first put it on. I put it in the mail on Nov. 20th and it was returned on yesterday Dec. 4th. New stem, new crown, new hands, polished cast and bracelet, as well as a full cleaning and lub. Costly, yes, $576, but even the finish on the titanium bracelet is back to the 2 tone it had when it was new.

I believe Montreal is the only authorized repair location in Canada and Oris doesn't sell part outside it's authorized repair centres. They do lovely work and it fast. When mailing I put lots of insurance on mine because it is very hard to find replacement. One in good condition will cost more now than what I paid for it new 6 years ago.
    Mediocre and DPflaumer like this.
    Cana

A man with one watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure. - Albert Einstein

Do you know the time? Are you sure? I'm not.

Omega Speedmaster 1861
    Oris TT1 Titan 300 metre
    Seiko SUS GMT 4S12
    Seiko GMT 8F56-0020
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko White Samurai
    Seiko 6309-729A
    Seiko 6309-7040
    Seiko Belmatic
    Seiko 7T31-6C40
    Vintage Seiko (5)
    Citizen NY2300 (Pepsi)
    Citizen NY2300 (white face)
    Citizen NY0054 (titanium)
    Citizen Perpetual Calendar ECO 8700
    Citizen ECO-ZILLA 300M
    Casio G-Shock (3)
    Casio Pathfinder PAG-80
    Casio Pathfinder PAS-4108
    and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Cana View Post
    Just got my Oris TT1 300M back from the Swiss Watch repair centre in Montreal yesterday. The stem had broken. Had a complete job done on it after all it is now 6 years old and had never been serviced. It truly looks like the day I first put it on. I put it in the mail on Nov. 20th and it was returned on yesterday Dec. 4th. New stem, new crown, new hands, polished cast and bracelet, as well as a full cleaning and lub. Costly, yes, $576, but even the finish on the titanium bracelet is back to the 2 tone it had when it was new.

I believe Montreal is the only authorized repair location in Canada and Oris doesn't sell part outside it's authorized repair centres. They do lovely work and it fast. When mailing I put lots of insurance on mine because it is very hard to find replacement. One in good condition will cost more now than what I paid for it new 6 years ago.

Just wanted to update on my Oris repair. Not so Good.

After receiving My favorite divers back from repairs - it ran slow. I don't like it running slow but after a couple of weeks it stop - just completely stopped. So I sent it back to Montreal for more repair. Got it back and it ran a fast for a while then stopped again. Sent it back with a note that I was not happy. In sort order I received it back again, only it was running 4 to 6 minutes fast per day. I gave up!!! Figured my would never run right again. Before sending it to the Oris repair centre in Montreal my drives ran 1 to 2 seconds fast per day. After spending $40+ each time it stopped to mail it insured I tired I gave up on the Oris repair centre in Montreal. A couple of weeks ago I remembered a watch repair shop on Ottawa, Kaya's Watch and Clock Repair. I dropped my watch off there and explained all the troubles I had with trying to get it fixed. I now have had my watch back a week and a half and it's keep great time again. Kaya's Watch and Clock repair does great work and the repairs cost me less than $100 including taxes. Much better than mailing it to Montreal and not getting it fixed 3 times.
    Cana

A man with one watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure. - Albert Einstein

Do you know the time? Are you sure? I'm not.

Omega Speedmaster 1861
    Oris TT1 Titan 300 metre
    Seiko SUS GMT 4S12
    Seiko GMT 8F56-0020
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Seiko White Samurai
    Seiko 6309-729A
    Seiko 6309-7040
    Seiko Belmatic
    Seiko 7T31-6C40
    Vintage Seiko (5)
    Citizen NY2300 (Pepsi)
    Citizen NY2300 (white face)
    Citizen NY0054 (titanium)
    Citizen Perpetual Calendar ECO 8700
    Citizen ECO-ZILLA 300M
    Casio G-Shock (3)
    Casio Pathfinder PAG-80
    Casio Pathfinder PAS-4108
    and more...

Cana I'm with you with over 40+ watches my Oris has always been a staple.. Had her for around 6-7yrs and in that time I've probably sold some 50+ watches but the Oris will always stay in my collection.

Sassi and MR028 like this.
    Current Rotation:

ROLEX Submariner 114060
    ROLEX Explorer II 216570
    SEIKO Marine Master SBDX012
    PANERAI Submersible PAM00682
    ORIS TT1 Diver Date

OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M
    OMEGA Speedmaster Pro Moon
    DOXA Sub 1200T Professional
    ALPINA Startimer Pilot Chrono

...20+ SEIKOs