New guy needs help
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New guy needs help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New guy needs help

Hello everyone. I'm new here so if I offend any forum rules I apologize up front. I didn't see a new member section. I have an Oris watch I've had for 10 years and finally the band broke. I really enjoy this watch as its been around the world with me and would like to get it repaired. Any suggestions on purchasing links or the best option at repairsName:  IMG_6906.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  2.48 MBName:  IMG_6907.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  2.29 MB? I ask because I purchased this band from an authorized dealer and would hate to have to buy another. Thanks up front for your help.Attached are a few pictures of the old guy. Hopefully they format right.Name:  IMG_3633.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  2.35 MBName:  IMG_4242.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  2.40 MBName:  IMG_5911.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  2.61 MB

Re: New guy needs help

I'd say your best bet is to reach out to Oris or the service center in your country. Give them the bracelet model number and explain that you need a link. It looks like an older F1 model, but I don't think that the bracelets have changed much and the service center, or even an AD should be able to fix you up with one. If you're really lucky, you may find a charitable member on here that has a spare.

Nice watch, by the way, and welcome to the forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with davemro statement above. I don’t think there has been much change in the bracelets and it shouldn’t be a problem to track down some links. I’d try this option first before shelling out for a new bracelet. Or if you are open to the idea of using a nice leather rally band would look great on this in my opinion.

That’s a nice timepiece by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davemro View Post
    I'd say your best bet is to reach out to Oris or the service center in your country. Give them the bracelet model number and explain that you need a link. It looks like an older F1 model, but I don't think that the bracelets have changed much and the service center, or even an AD should be able to fix you up with one. If you're really lucky, you may find a charitable member on here that has a spare.
    Yep, that’s what I’d do too. Consider a new bracelet as well because to old one may be tired.

Thanks guys for the responses. I always enjoy going to forums like this because you can get some great information. I'll try the local AD and see if he can help.

I love this old watch. It's taken a beating but has really held up.

Sticky, I'd really like to not buy another band as I already purchased this separately and don't want to do it twice. I think it cost a few hundred dollars (can't remember exactly) and at some point I'd just buy another watch.

If you're really lucky, you may find a charitable member on here that has a spare.
    I would give this a go first. Somebody might have a spare link so you would have, instead of a new and shiny link, a used that would match your bracelet much better and could probably save some money too.

If you're really lucky, you may find a charitable member on here that has a spare.
    I would give this a go first. Somebody might have a spare link so you would have, instead of a new and shiny link, a used that would match your bracelet much better and could probably save some money too.

If it’s been 10 years and you haven’t had it serviced in That time, may be worth considering sending it to Oris, or your country’s service provider and they may be able to replace the single link as part of the refresh. Now sure how they operate or cases like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    _Harrison

If you have the end and center pieces of that link a good watch repair shop should be able to tighten and refit it for not much money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information