New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition - Page 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Aside from the alignment of the clamps on the dial, I love it. I'm an avid percussionist and would love to own a living trubute to one of the pioneers of jazz drumming.

I am a drummer and I love it but the price is a bit steep. Do you know historically if these Limited edition jazz models sell out quickly? I want to know if I should wait until they go on sale.

Re: New Oris Art Blakey Limited Edition

As a drummer as well, this was a must have. I just saw it in person at my AD, and it does not disappoint.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil704 View Post
    As a drummer as well, this was a must have. I just saw it in person at my AD, and it does not disappoint.
    Did you buy one? Is the dial silver or white? in the pictures it looks white but in the article I read about it says silver tone. I couldn’t find one in store to try it out. All the certified Oris retailers in LA that I called said this is not a model they will have in store but they can order it for me. I think because not everyone will buy this watch, mostly drummers I assume.
    Last edited by Arazbogos; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:15.

WnS

I wish the back cover was the dial, it's gorgeous. The actual dial is too simplistic. I know minimalism is a "thing" for some connoisseurs, but not for me.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Quote Originally Posted by Arazbogos View Post
    Did you buy one? Is the dial silver or white? in the pictures it looks white but in the article I read about it says silver tone. I couldn’t find one in store to try it out. All the certified Oris retailers in LA that I called said this is not a model they will have in store but they can order it for me. I think because not everyone will buy this watch, mostly drummers I assume.
    I did buy one. It is being delivered today, so I will take pictures later and post them here.
    Jeff Scott likes this.

I did buy one. It is being delivered today, so I will take pictures later and post them here.
    Nice, congrats! I called my AD yesterday that will order it for me once I decide I want it. I have always worn 40mm+ watches and my wrist is 7”. I think I will regret it if I don’t buy one. I am waiting for your pictures, my friend.
    bluedevil704 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WnS View Post
    I wish the back cover was the dial, it's gorgeous. The actual dial is too simplistic. I know minimalism is a "thing" for some connoisseurs, but not for me.
    The back is just so cool, the dial is simple and clean but those bass drum claws and the black/blue circle make the watch so unique. It looks pretty classy to me. I prefer cleaner dials on smaller watches like this 38mm.

So, I am pressed for time so only able to take one picture for now. But here you go. It is on a black strap in the picture, not the one included with the watch. The dial is like a matte egg-shell white. I don't get any sense of silver. Also, when looking straight at the watch face, I found it much easier to tell the time...I was expecting to get distracted by the kick drum clamps, but they kind of fade away when looking straight on if that makes sense.

Name:  00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191114192725001_COVER.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  327.5 KB

Bottom line: this is THE oris dress watch to own. Especially if you are a drummer.

So, I am pressed for time so only able to take one picture for now. But here you go. It is on a black strap in the picture, not the one included with the watch. The dial is like a matte egg-shell white. I don't get any sense of silver. Also, when looking straight at the watch face, I found it much easier to tell the time...I was expecting to get distracted by the kick drum clamps, but they kind of fade away when looking straight on if that makes sense.

Name:  00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191114192725001_COVER.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  327.5 KB

Bottom line: this is THE oris dress watch to own. Especially if you are a drummer.
    Looks awesome, I don’t see silver in the dial either, but Oris spec says silver and also all the articles I have read about it. Is that circle in the dial dark blue or black? I wish I could see it with the original brown strap. When you get a chance please send me some more pictures from different angles and lighting. By the way, what’s your wrist size?
    What number ###/1000?
    Last edited by Arazbogos; 1 Week Ago at 03:07.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information