WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  Funan 
#1 ·
After reading so many threads on forums and viewing hundreds of videos on watches and watch collection in general, I think I made my very first sensible purchase.
I wanted a dress watch that would stand out and after looking at Bambino, le locle, SARB, et al., I decided to take my time and spend a little more on a better watch imho...I saw an ORIS in a local classified ad and in no time I jumped on it.

I was looking for:
Swiss automatic
White/cream color dial
Blue hands with lume
Moonphase
40-42mm polished SS case
SS bracelet band
Day/Date function

Other than the blue hands, this one ticked all the other attributes.

So, here are some pictures of my ORIS Artelier Complication Moonphase

I'm absolutely in love with this watch :)

See less See more
#19 ·
Beautiful. I'm a huge Oris fan (own three) and have mulled over this one and the Artix Complication (actually, this past Christmas I probably would have bought that but ended up finding the Artelier Worldtimer GMT LE first.) That said I've never been much for this multi-link bracelet style. I bet it would really sing on a nice alligator strap, black or a rich brown. Regardless, superb choice.

#22 ·
I have been recently bitten by the QRIS bug, my next acquisition would have been Aquis but ended up buying Glycine Airman GMT on discount. For some reason Airman is not speaking to me as much as I thought it would even with all that history to it.
I might end up selling it and buy that alligator strap for Artelier and a blue dial Aquis.

#32 ·
It is a great looking watch but you are far better off with the older models of the Complication such as yours. The newer versions that use the bigger Sellita movement is a huge disappointment. The 24 hour hand gets out of step easily and it can't be rectified. Oris tried on three occasions and failed.

#37 ·
Superb watch and what probably makes it sweeter is that you invested the time to make a well-informed decision.
Now, sometimes and (for me) usually the tougher decision: where to buy.

Where did you end up getting it?

Thanks for sharing your new watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ·
it just popped on a local online classified listing.

Superb watch and what probably makes it sweeter is that you invested the time to make a well-informed decision.
Now, sometimes and (for me) usually the tougher decision: where to buy.

Where did you end up getting it?

Thanks for sharing your new watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.