New Williams Day Date questions
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Williams Day Date questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Williams Day Date questions

Hi all,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on my first automatic watch (coming from a Suunto Ambit 3) when I noticed the newish Oris Williams Day Date (which I think it beautiful) but have a few questions for you.

Name:  or-1067-oris-watch-williams-f1-day-date-rubber-01-735-7716-4154-07-4-24-50.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  417.9 KB

1st. My only gripe with it is the polished portion around the glass. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker but it ends up bothering me, is there any way to brush that out? I saw some forum member brush his whole Oris Aquis bracelet and did an amazing job.

2nd. I went through all the 269 pages of the "Show your Oris" thread to find a picture of this watch and did not find any. Why is that? Is the watch relatively new or is their something less desirable about having a "themed" watch (i.e. Williams).

3rd. I really like the rubber bands of the Aquis (with Oris written on both sides). Does anyone know if an Aquis rubber strap would find this watch? If so, I'd probably get the bracelet version and get an Aquis black rubber strap to go with it.

4th and last: How does this model compare to the Aquis in quality? I really like the Aquis but my wrist is only 6.5 inch and I feel like a 42mm watch would fit better than 43mm (Aquis) and the Williams really speaks to me with the blue second hand on black dial.

Any other comments/suggestions is welcome. This forum is killing me already, I started looking at the Victorinox Inox Titanium (in blue), then got interested in automatics and thought I wanted a Tissot PRS 516 Carbon Powermatic 80 (blue second hand on black carbon fibre dial), and now I'm at looking an Oris (which is really the top of my range for the moment). As you can see, I'm a sucker for anything blue.

Thanks again,

Re: New Williams Day Date questions

I have the same wrist size. I thougt aquis would be to big....
    Once the bracelet is sized- it works great.
    So I encourage you not to be afraid of aquis size.

As comes to Williams-I have tried it in a shop and it looked great. I tried the chrono version which I think it is better idea if buying sports automatic watch but it was really to big...:)
    Williams date is a beaty but as i already have Aquis date and other date only complication wathes I would look for something different.

Wysłane z mojego SM-N920C przy użyciu Tapatalka

This one's on my list -- it's called Williams Engine Date -- however I'm not sure I like the etched "williams" on the side of the case near the crown. You can kind of see the top top edge of the etching in the first photo posted above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A lot of folks who brush polished stainless use a green 3M cloth for the job. It would be rather fiddly to do as you would need to mask all the other parts of the watch to prevent you accidentally brushing them.

Yeah, that Williams Engine watch is also a contender for my dollars, would love to be able to try em all before pulling the trigger on one.

The Aquis Date seems like a more "timeless" piece (are we allowed to use that word on a watch forum? :D) while the Williams F1 simply speaks to me in terms looks. Love the simplicity and colors of it.

Decisions decisions decision...

5, I don't know if this helps much but I firmly belive that all a watch has to do is call to you. I take nothing else into condsideration. You only have to read a few of my posts to see that the Aquis fulfills that role for me.

I really quite like the Williams collection, my favourite being the day-date with blue dial:
    Name:  IMG_0607.PNG
Views: 175
Size:  185.8 KB
    It ticks all my boxes for being a day & date, blue dial with integrated bracelet. I think the Williams collection is an elegant sport watch and nice alternative to a diver. That said, I have no connection to or particular interest in Williams Motorsport, so that might put me off. I do, however, have a fantasy of owning one from all four of Oris' "pillars": Diving, Culture, Aviation & Motorsports, and this watch would probably fulfill the motorsports role. I don't think they are that new, coming out in 2015 from memory.

The Williams is is quite similar in concept to the Aquis line, especially the integrated bracelet/strap design, and overall clarity. While I have seen them in person (although in my experience they are rare even at ADs), I have never handled one. I would assume, however that build quality would be on par with an Aquis, which is to say excellent. That said, the best thing would be to compare for yourself if you haven't already. I would doubt that the rubber strap between and Aquis and Williams would be interchangeable, however. To me, an attractive element is the polished Bezel.

As for popularity, all I can think is Oris is renown for firstly Divers watches, and then Pilots watches, in my opinion. Despite sponsorships with Williams and Audi, Oris' motorsports connections lack icons suchasth Tag Heuer Monaco or Rolex Daytona.

I quite like the rugged Victorinox Inox too, but can't do quartz watches anymore...Hopefully it may come out in an automatic soon.

I own the watch in question and I love it. I wear it 1-2 times a week, but only because I wear more brown and blues to work. But I love the watch. It is made very well and the strap has a unique odor to it. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the odor but now I enjoy it. I bought my from Jomashop and have had 0 issues with it.

Best of luck.
    Hamilton Khaki Field Auto
    Hamilton Khaki King Pilot
    Oris Williams Day Date
    Oris
    Artelier Regulateur

Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    I own the watch in question and I love it. I wear it 1-2 times a week, but only because I wear more brown and blues to work. But I love the watch. It is made very well and the strap has a unique odor to it. At first I wasn't a huge fan of the odor but now I enjoy it. I bought my from Jomashop and have had 0 issues with it.

Best of luck.
    Would you post some photos?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N920C przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wow. That blue dial is spectacular. Nice snag. Pull the trigger. You will love the Oris brand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information