No one excited about the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111?
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: No one excited about the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No one excited about the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111?

I was trying to find threads on the new Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 but couldn't find any on the Oris forum or even much discussions or reviews about this watch on the internet.

Just wondering why is there like lacklustre interest in this watch when it is likely the highest end Oris watch now and sports their latest in-house movement with 10 days power reserve. I got a chance to see and hold the watch two weeks ago and really quite like it. It feels very premium in the hands and the dial is very big and legible. Actually I like everything about the watch except the price. Although I know when I compare it to similar offerings from IWC or Panerai, its considered a steal.

In the end, I bought the Sixty-Five which I loves. But the Calibre 111 remains in my head even till now. I keep thinking of the 10 days power reserve, the power reserve indicator and the beautiful in-house movement which can be seen on the back of the case. I admit I am a sucker for in-house movement and PR indicator.

Anyone here owns this watch or have any experience with it cares to share your views?
    carlhaluss and emylia777 like this.
    Present: A.Lange & Söhne Odysseus Steel/ Montblanc Villeret 1858 Vintage Pulsographe/ Gronefeld 1941 Principia/ Kurono Tokyo “Eggshell”/ Ming 17.06 Copper/ Casio G-Shock GW5000-1JF

Grails
    : Patek Philippe 5170P / A. Lange & Söhne Datograph Plat Gen 1

My Instagram

Re: No one excited about the Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111?

I think the problem is that Oris make so many nice watches it's difficult to get excited about the 111. Lets face it I've not even raved about the utterly divine GBR that launched recently.

I'm very interested in it, and am guessing it will generate buzz once they are more available; I spoke with an AD recently who suggested they've been trickling out slowly through distribution.

Now I'm going through the mental gymnastics to determine if I want to flip some pieces and order one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thevenerablelars View Post
    I'm very interested in it, and am guessing it will generate buzz once they are more available; I spoke with an AD recently who suggested they've been trickling out slowly through distribution.

Now I'm going through the mental gymnastics to determine if I want to flip some pieces and order one...
    Well... I ordered one.

I'll post when it comes in. Sounds like it will be a few weeks.

How much do these gems cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

COZ

I have had my eye on it but it hasn't really been released yet so haven't seen it in the metal. Will be interested when it becomes more readily available. Hope to see some real life pics soon!

Gbr is super fly.

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    How much do these gems cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One blog I just read says $5600. While that's a "bargain" for a 10 day movement, there's a lot of other watches I'd like to own before I'd drop that much on an oris.

I really like the crown, the dial color, the thickness, the case shape. Not sure if I'll like 44mm, the power reserve is probably too dominant on the dial, and the date placement is pretty odd. But, I'm excited to see it in the flesh and maybe these will be going for far far less than msrp.

Quote Originally Posted by aaroniusl View Post
    I was trying to find threads on the new Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111 but couldn't find any on the Oris forum or even much discussions or reviews about this watch on the internet.

Just wondering why is there like lacklustre interest in this watch when it is likely the highest end Oris watch now and sports their latest in-house movement with 10 days power reserve. I got a chance to see and hold the watch two weeks ago and really quite like it. It feels very premium in the hands and the dial is very big and legible. Actually I like everything about the watch except the price. Although I know when I compare it to similar offerings from IWC or Panerai, its considered a steal.

In the end, I bought the Sixty-Five which I loves. But the Calibre 111 remains in my head even till now. I keep thinking of the 10 days power reserve, the power reserve indicator and the beautiful in-house movement which can be seen on the back of the case. I admit I am a sucker for in-house movement and PR indicator.

Anyone here owns this watch or have any experience with it cares to share your views?

I'm loving mine! Compared to my Pam, I much prefer this watch for day to day wear. It is more functional and less flashy, and it is keeping fantastic time! I haven't done any official measurements, but I compare it to my work clock everyday, which is set to an atomic clock. My 111 gains a few seconds a week, and after 2 going on 3 months of ownership, I've set it back one minute so far. Much better than my Pam. I think Oris knocked it out of the park with this movement.

I bought mine from the only authorized dealer in the Pittsburgh area, and I was able to get a nice discount on the watch. It does retail for 5600, but with some negotiating, you may manage 25% off. I see that there are some grey market dealers posting them around that price as well. I much prefer an AD for a purchase like this as it goes to ease my mind about warranty and care after the purchase. Plus, by registering it on Oris, they extend it to 3 years.

It was early in the release, and he told me that he was able to get one only after the US Oris rep didn't complete their new Oris boutique on time, so my dealer asked for this 111 as compensation. :)

Last edited by JustinHEMI; January 9th, 2016 at 04:54.
    Oris Big Crown ProPilot Calibre 111
    Panerai PAM 590

Steinhart Military 42

It's beautiful and a terrific value.
    JustinHEMI likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information