WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Not decided what to get.

716 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Guys I'm looking to get this watch

Can anyone tell me how does it compare for example with longines and how oris brand is situated in watch market?

I'm a long time hamilton/tissot/seiko user and recently thought that I'll buy finally something which will stay with me a bit longer then few months ;-)

If anyone has this watch could you tell me please pros and cons?
Thanks
Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
The link took me to some sort of Polish website that had all sorts of watches on it - except Oris. Any chance of you posting a pic of it?
Generally Oris is recognised for providing a lot of "bang for buck" like Hamilton do and IMHO is on par with Longines for quality.
The AD I use has commented on the quality of Oris bracelets (O.K. he's an Oris AD but he sells other brands as well)

#6 ·
Well, if the shop carries the new version (01 745 7688 4064-07 5 22 77FC - Oris Big Crown Small Second, Pointer Day - Oris Big Crown - Aviation - Collection - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.) then the movement is SW220. If it's exactly the same as in your picture (01 645 7629 4064-07 5 22 77FC - Oris Big Crown Small Second, Pointer Day - Oris Big Crown - Aviation - Collection - Oris - Purely mechanical Swiss watches.) then the movement is ETA 2836-2.

Movement-wise, I'd say Sellita and ETA movements are quite similar in terms of quality and reliability. The build quality of Oris watches is great for the price. I don't have this watch, but I'm just speaking from my experience with my other Oris watch.

#7 ·
Like NH says. If the model number starts with 645 it's an ETA but if it starts with 745 it will be a Sellita SW220. The change came about because ETA stopped supplying movements to Oris and they changed suppliers to Sellita. Hence you still get some watches with an ETA movements in them while other pieces are fitted with Sellita movements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.