Opinions on an Oris
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Opinions on an Oris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on an Oris

Hello,

I was browsing around for a diver this week and located the following:

(no link to non-sponsor dealers) Oris Divers Mens Automatic Watch 733-7533-8555MB

Does anyone have this particular watch? How do you like it? I've just started collecting myself and have never handled any Oris pieces so I'm fairly unfamiliar with the brand. I'm also considering

(no link to non-sponsor dealers) Oris Maldives Limited Edition Blue Dial Titanium Mens Watch 01 643 7654 7185-Set MB

Any opinions please share and thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Chris Hohne; December 7th, 2013 at 04:38.

Re: Opinions on an Oris

Oris is a quality brand that represents good value in a Swiss watch. It is finished at a reasonably high level for a low mid range brand, but it does not have the high advertising costs of some other brands.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I have the blue one.. Its good and how much are you paying for yours?

I got a new one from grey market dealer for less than 700 bucks. Oris quality is good but make sure you are not over paying it.

gaopa likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't own a Maldives but understand that it is very well thought of. I have the later version of the Diver Date with the wave dial as opposed to the slightly older one with the checker style dial. Whichever version it is you will be impressed by it - it's a lot of watch for the money.

db1

Hi mate!

I don't own an Oris diver watch, but I now own a beautiful Oris Artelier Big Date Sub Seconds model (discontinued), which is also my first Oris purchase.
    I've owned many watch brands throughout the years, and I am very pleased and impressed of the Oris quality of work.
    Someone have said to me "Oris gives you very good value for what you pay", and its excatly what I feel while wearing my Oris - The watch is well-built, and the quality of parts (swiss movement, solid construction and great designs) as well as the functions you are getting for a good price, makes Oris a winner in my opinion.

If I've had the cash, I would be buying another Oris right now (Already have two models in mind)

Cheers

The Maldives is basically an Aquis with special coloring and a unique (non-display) case back. I own an Aquis and sometimes wish I'd gone with the LE Maldives because the black bezel numbers just look awesome. Can't go wrong with that one IMO.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

The Maldives is a fantastic watch. It's not simply a special colored Aquis, though, it's a completely unique model. It's the same case size as the Aquis Date (43mm) but has the dial and hands layout of the larger Aquis Small Seconds model (it's the only Aquis model where you can get a small seconds configuration in a 43mm size). In addition it has a titanium case rather than stainless steel, and comes on either a full titanium bracelet, or rubber strap with titanium diver extension deployant clasp (I think it's the best clasp in the industry). It also has a ceramic bezel and is running a modified ETA 2836-2 movement. This watch has a lot going for it, is fantastic quality and value, and could easily fetch double the price if it was wearing an Omega logo.

And, yes... the color combination is absolutely striking and unique.

Here's a pic of mine when I was experimenting with trying to learn how to take decent watch pictures last week. Crap lighting, unfortunately, so the colors are very muted unlike in real life.

Name:  DSC03936_cs2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  79.0 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; December 7th, 2013 at 18:19.
    Fomenko and gaopa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    I have the blue one.. Its good and how much are you paying for yours?

I got a new one from grey market dealer for less than 700 bucks. Oris quality is good but make sure you are not over paying it.

The Maldives I believe they wanted $1800 for? Which tbh seemed a tad steep being that I just got a Baume & Mercier Capeland for the same price however I could be wrong. The other diver was right about at $1,000 though. I really like the Maldives, I'm just new to watch collecting in general as well as the $1,000 price barrier so I don't want to OVER spend for sure.

BrentYYC said everything that matters about the Maldives. Beautiful piece, and excellent quality...
    I love mine and plan to keep it!
    Here is a link to a thread I posted about it, with good pictures:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f22/mal...is-773746.html

I'm sure you can get one for $ 1,500 or even less if you shop around. Good luck finding it!

Yeah it's a great watch no doubt. The hunt begins! I'm really starting to get into the Oris lines though, love the styling!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information