Original Oris?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By composer

Thread: Original Oris?

Original Oris?

Does this look like an original Oris or fake? What model/year can it be?

I have a used Swatch Irony Destination Barcelona which I am being offered to trade for this Oris, but wanted to know if this Oris looks original before.

Re: Original Oris?

I would be shocked if that was real.

Keep your swatch.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

I’m no expert so I might be totally wrong but it looks a little pedestrian to me so I’d stick with the Swatch just to be on the safe side.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Original Oris?

A watch that old is always going to be a challenge: redials, frankens, movements that need expensive servicing, suitability for every day wear (think driving a car from the 1970s)...even the most respected brands from that era need to be looked at very closely. Additionally Oris watches from this period are’t particularly notable or collectible.

If you’re willing to spend perhaps $300 (probably the absolute lowest figure - it could be higher) you could find an Oris from the 1990s or 2000s that would be better made and in better condition. The watch will still need a full service (movement, seals...) sooner rather than later if that hasn’t been done recently.
    Last edited by ljb187; August 5th, 2019 at 20:13.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

Thanks all for the valuable information! Indeed, it is a risky move which I will definitely avoid. I will keep the Swatch :)
    ljb187 likes this.