Oris 65 SS Bracelet alternative replacement
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Oris 65 SS Bracelet alternative replacement

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Oris 65 SS Bracelet alternative replacement

Hi all,
    excited for my incoming Oris Diver Sixty Five ref. 733-7707-4064, 40mm. Since I bought this 2nd hand, the watch will come with the Oris canvas strap.
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows any alternative SS bracelet that will fit this watch.
    I believe it's 20mm lug width.

Many thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tissotguy; May 30th, 2017 at 16:54.

Re: Oris 65 SS Bracelet OEM replacement

Do you mean non-oem? OEM being original equipment manufacturer which would be Oris.

If you're looking for a non Oris bracelet, do a search on the 'Bay for a rivet bracelet that fits a Rolex explorer. I bought one for mine and with a small V in the springbar it fit my 40mm just fine.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
    Delino likes this.

Re: Oris 65 SS Bracelet alternative replacement

Thank you for the suggestion Wildmans85. You are correct, I've updated the title on my post as I am looking for an alternative ss bracelet other than Oris.

Is this the one that you're referring to?

If you have a chance, would you mind posting the picture of your Oris with this bracelet? Also, not sure what you meant by the small V in the springbar. Is this part of the Oris original springbar OR this is in addition to that I need to get?

Thank you again for your help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm also interested in finding a fitting alternative bracelet for my 65 since I don't really like the OEM one. I was wondering if any of the StrapCode super oysters would do the job nicely. From the pictures, it seems that the end-links of the super oyster for mid-size seeking divers would fit the Oris 65 ok. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

Check out this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f22/pre...681522-35.html

I read that a Rolex GMT 16710 bracelet should fit, so I bought a cheapy version on eBay. I tried to fit the folded end links to my Oris, but it didn't work quite well.

Here is my Oris 65 on a straight endlink jubilee for $20.

Name:  IMG_20170508_132809 (Small).jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  220.5 KB

I like the look of the jubilee bracelet, captures the vintage essence better than the OEM bracelet IMO.
    kplam and MercifulFate like this.

Thank you all for the replies. I suppose the straight end could work, but still a bit iffy on the gap

Is the Rolex GMT that kplam mentioned is essentially the same as the Rolex explorer that Wildmans85 mentioned above?

Thank you again.

P.S. I also read that Seiko SARG009 curved end bracelet fit nicely, but for some reason I can't seem to find non-OEM strap for it as I don't want to have Seiko writing on the clasp
    Buchmann69 and kplam like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tissotguy View Post
    Thank you all for the replies. I suppose the straight end could work, but still a bit iffy on the gap

Is the Rolex GMT that kplam mentioned is essentially the same as the Rolex explorer that Wildmans85 mentioned above?

Thank you again.

P.S. I also read that Seiko SARG009 curved end bracelet fit nicely, but for some reason I can't seem to find non-OEM strap for it as I don't want to have Seiko writing on the clasp
    Hello!

There are 2 bracelets in my collection that fit the Oris Diver 65:

Rolex Polar Explorer 16570

Omega Seamaster 2254.50:

The Rolex bracelet fits perfect; the omega bracelet fits really well with minimal wiggle at the lug end. However these are expensive alternatives. Why not purchase the Oris OEM bracelet?

Cheers,
    Rob
    on Instagram: @buchmann.69
    Current:
    Ω Speedmaster 3570.50, Ω Seamaster 2254.50, ۞ Tudor Submariner 79090, Seiko 6138-8020, ۞ Tudor Black Bay Dark, ♛ Submariner 116610LV, Oris Carl Brashear LE, ♛ GMT Master II 116710BLNR, ♛ GMT Master II 126710BLRO, Ω Seamaster 300 Titanium 233.90.41.21.03.001, Ω Speedmaster - modded with 3570.40 dial & hands, ♛ Sea Dweller 16600.

Gone:
    ♛ Explorer 1 114270; Ω Diver 300 Chrono 213.30.42.40.01.001; Orthos Commander 300; Steinhart Ocean Black DLC; Nezumi Voiture Yellow; Nomos Timeless Club II; NTH Santa Cruz; Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53; Explorer 1 214270; Sinn 856 S Black; Nezumi Voiture White; Ventus Mori Diver M-1V; Undone Urban"Killy"; Sinn 104 A St Sa; Ω Aqua Terra 2503.33; ♛ Polar Explorer 2 16570; Seiko PADI SRPA21; Seiko SBDC053; Seiko SRPC49J1; Oris Divers 65; Ω Planet Ocean 2209.50; DOXA SUB300T Poseidon, WMT Royal Marine, Spinnaker Bradner SP-5062-05, Baltic Aquascaphe; Oris Divers 65 LE for Hodinkee.

Thank you very much for the pictures Rob!
    Yeah, I'm one of those guys who will occasionally wears bracelet on a watch so not ready to plunge $275 on the Oris bracelet and looking for some other affordable straps that may fit nicely.
    I won't be buying the real Rolex nor Omega bracelet for that matter, but will look at other options out there for these that may fit the Oris.

I noticed the bay seller starts selling Oris ss bracelet but it looks like it's not all brushed tho, and it does look like the seamaster bracelet you have. I did contact the seller to look for the all brushed version and they recommended this one to try.
    So they both maybe for the seamaster but since they fit, the seller probably now start selling it for Oris as well.

Thank you again for the pictures! Really helps a lot.
    Buchmann69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tissotguy View Post
    Thank you very much for the pictures Rob!
    Yeah, I'm one of those guys who will occasionally wears bracelet on a watch so not ready to plunge $275 on the Oris bracelet and looking for some other affordable straps that may fit nicely.
    I won't be buying the real Rolex nor Omega bracelet for that matter, but will look at other options out there for these that may fit the Oris.

I noticed the bay seller starts selling Oris ss bracelet but it looks like it's not all brushed tho, and it does look like the seamaster bracelet you have. I did contact the seller to look for the all brushed version and they recommended this one to try.
    So they both maybe for the seamaster but since they fit, the seller probably now start selling it for Oris as well.

Thank you again for the pictures! Really helps a lot.
    Unless you dislike the OEM bracelet then, I would advise not purchasing an aftermarket bracelet. In my experience buying aftermarket bracelets is usually a waste of money, expecially when considering the quality of Oris bracelets. Cheaper aftermarket bracelets very rarely (if ever) fit exactly right, and do not provide the satisfaction that a quality OEM bracelet does. So it may seem like a slightly more pricey option initially, but IMO its very much worth it, and you'd appreciate the OEM bracelet far more.
    Buchmann69 and Lucien369 like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information