WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Oris 7401 from Japan on eBay

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  John MS 
#1 ·
Hi all! This is my first post I've been lurking for a bit. So I purchased an Oris diver reference 7401 from a Japanese ebay seller and I just received it today. It looks mostly in order but the bezel isn't times quite right and the odd thing is when I pull the crown out to its farthest position it does not hack. When I turn the time backwards it moved the seconds hands backwards or it just kind of stays still, when turning the time forward or just pulled out and not turning the seconds hand keeps running.
I hope I did not get a fake but it seems a pretty eclectic watch to forge. I am planning on bringing it to my local watch shop to have them look at it when I can but just wanted to get some opinion on it. I will post pictures later

#11 ·
So I brought it to a jeweler and it is in fact a genuine Oris signed 2824 with the gold rotor accurate to the time period of the watch. Apparently a piece that contains the hacking function is broke so I left it with him for a service and repair for 160 it seemed reasonable. I'll post a bunch of pics when I get it back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.