Oris After 5 - anyone know what this is?

Thread: Oris After 5 - anyone know what this is?

Oris After 5 - anyone know what this is?

Good morning (or afternoon for others)! This is my first post in the Oris section. I'm normally in f71.

I am looking for help on a watch I recently acquired. It is an Oris After 5. Hand wind, plastic crystal, gold plate, and 34mm.

All of the markers are 5's, hence the "After 5" name. I thought it was somewhat gimmicky, but I could find ZERO information on the watch. One brief post on an Oris website saying it was a real watch and that's it.

Can anyone possibly enlighten me on this? Is it rare? Did I hit the jackpot? Do I have the joke of the Oris world? Thanks for anything you can provide.
    -JZ-

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -HST

Follow the BSHT-GMT as it travels around the world: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/bsh...topics/1587714

Re: Oris After 5 - anyone know what this is?

Welcome to f22 land. You're right when you say there is zilch info on it. All that I could find was a post on another forum saying that Oris did make an after 5 watch - probably the same post that you found. Who cares if it's a joke? I think it looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Welcome to f22 land. You're right when you say there is zilch info on it. All that I could find was a post on another forum saying that Oris did make an after 5 watch - probably the same post that you found. Who cares if it's a joke? I think it looks very nice indeed.
    Thanks for the compliment. Its definitely a cool vintage piece. That was the same post I found; just someone saying Oris did make an After 5.

I'll hang on to it for a while. Maybe take it to someone who sells Oris. There has to be some history on this watch somewhere.
    -JZ-

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -HST

Follow the BSHT-GMT as it travels around the world: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/bsh...topics/1587714

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Setapak, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia

the fives on the dial are really nice, very special piece!
    ROLEX SUBMARINER DATE (116610LV)
    OFFICINE PANERAI LUMINOR 1950 3 DAYS POWER RESERVE ACCIAIO - 47MM (PAM00423)
    BREITLING SUPEROCEAN HÉRITAGE 46 (A1732016)
    ORIS AQUIS DATE
    (733 7653 41 55)
    TAG HEUER GRAND CARRERA CALIBRE 17 RS
    (CAV511A.FC6225)

Thread Information