Oris announces Aquis coming in 41.5mm !!!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Oris announces Aquis coming in 41.5mm !!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hey guys,

Pretty new to posting on the forums but this to me is huge news and I donít see any posts so far.

I owned recently an Aquis (updated for 2017 model) and loved it but I felt it was a little too big for what I prefer on my 6.75Ē wrist. When I heard they were releasing a 39.5mm I thought, well, this is the one for me because I am a huge fan of the brand as well as the Aquis and my preferred watch size is 38-40mm.

Sadly when I tried one (39.5) on at an AD the watch wore too small for me and just didnt vibe with it at all. I was literally just thinking to myself a week ago how awesome it would be if they released a 41mm version but thought it to be highly unlikely.

Much to my surprise, on Monochrome watches website they announced it just yesterday!

I hope itís ok Iím leaving the link in here, mods if this isnít allowed please remove the link.

https://monochrome-watches.com/oris-...0-specs-price/

this news along with rumors of them bringing an in house movement to their popular watches (think divers 65, Aquis and big crown pointer date) this year for Basel 2020 (if there still is one this year) just put them right back at or near the top for me.

excited to get my hands on one and maybe itíll be my first review!

cheers guys
    Pdmcabee likes this.

Wrist shape plays a lot into it too. The Source of Life wears just right for me. I also prefer 38-40 so I'm always happy when a larger watch fits.

I suspect that a LOT of customers with more round wrists will jump on this one.
    Last edited by JacobC; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:23. Reason: Wrong photo
    daniel954 likes this.

Re: Oris announces Aquis coming in 41.5mm !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Wrist shape plays a lot into it too. The Source of Life wears just right for me. I also prefer 38-40 so I'm always happy when a larger watch fits.

I suspect that a LOT of customers with more round wrists will jump on this one.
    Yes that’s true the top side of my wrist if very oval you’re absolutely right. Either way, this is the Goldilocks size for me. I’m going to call a local AD and see if they have one in stock already. I would also be willing to pay them to fully brush the bracelet polished parts.

By they way, heck of a watch you got there I really like that special ed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Predictabilly View Post
    Yes thatís true the top side of my wrist if very oval youíre absolutely right. Either way, this is the Goldilocks size for me. Iím going to call a local AD and see if they have one in stock already. I would also be willing to pay them to fully brush the bracelet polished parts.

By they way, heck of a watch you got there I really like that special ed.
    Thanks for the kind words, this was at an Oris event, so not mine unfortunately. I ended up ordering the Timeless Ltd Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, this was at an Oris event, so not mine unfortunately. I ended up ordering the Timeless Ltd Ed.

Wow this one is even nicer! Love this one too super rare and no date..perfect. Did it also come on bracelet?

I always felt the 43.5 was too big and never tried the 39.5 on. I have two 41mm watches and love that size. This sucks. I'm going to have to get an aquis now :)

I like to wear a big watch but if I’m honest I reckon 41.5 will be the ideal sweet spot for me.

Because of the lugs, the 43.5 fits me perfectly...but if a 41.5 was available at the time there is a good chance I might’ve gone for that instead.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Quote Originally Posted by Predictabilly View Post
    Wow this one is even nicer! Love this one too super rare and no date..perfect. Did it also come on bracelet?
    There's an option for one. I'm going to call Timeless and see about ordering it.

I'm extremely excited about the blue dial 39.5. Hopefully it's a more affordable alternative to my current grail, the clean ocean.
    JacobC and Ginseng108 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information