Oris aquis 39.5 strap and bezel change
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By conceptpro
  • 1 Post By Earl Grey

Thread: Oris aquis 39.5 strap and bezel change

Oris aquis 39.5 strap and bezel change

S tomorrow I will be receiving my first ever watch purchase I will be the proud new owner of the 39.5 mm aquis

i didnít know this when I purchased it but apparently if I want the rubber strap I need to buy a specific one. I want to find one I can use, and I was hoping you fine folks could help me. So a couple questions...

Can I use the strap that fits on the 43mm size aquis? I see these for sale but it is harder to find one labeled for the 39.5mm
    are there any good third party rubber straps I can purchase? There is no oris AD in my city.

secondly, it comes with a glossy bezel. If I wanted to swap this out with a matte or brushed bezel what would be my best option?

Thank you you kindly in advance for any help you can offer
    evlkoala likes this.

Banned

Re: Oris aquis 39.5 strap and bezel change

Don’t you think it would have been better to ask before buying?

Congrats. Which version did you get?AFAIK the only rubber strap that fits is the Oris 39.5. The one for the 43.5mm will absolutely not fit.

You can probably order the strap from Topper. Give them a call and tell them you are on WUS. Ask them about the bezel insert, too. However, I am not sure what Orisí policy is on selling spare parts.

Do tell us what you find out about the bezel insert. I am curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

“Send Rob at Topper a message” seems to be my standard answer when someone has a strap query but if I had a pound for every time someone said something good about Topper I’d probably buy another watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    However, I am not sure what Oris’ policy is on selling spare parts.

Do tell us what you find out about the bezel insert. I am curious.
    I actually inquired about a ceramic bezel change directly from Oris and was referred to their authorized service center who can purchase parts - [email protected]

FYI. Oris will only sell parts to an authorised Oris repair centre and to my knowledge none of them will sell you a bezel - even if what you are after is available.

Thank you for your replies. Once I got the watch, I saw the email for the service center here in Canada, and they are going to give me a quote for a replacement bezel, but I have to send it to them to do it, they won’t sell it separately. They also sell the strap which I can put in after buying their tools.

I’ll reply with what they quote me.

I imagine the bezel replacement will be too expensive to justify, but i will probably cough up the money for the strap, will wear the bracelet for a while and see how it feels. I’be never worn a metal bracelet before, he’ll i don’t even wear watches often. So I’ll have to see if I get used to it or need something more low key. Was hoping to go third party but it seems to be expensive either way.

So they didn’t mention the bezel, sorry for anyone curious about that, but they strap would be $470 CAD with the tool which means my watch would jump up over a third in total price. I can’t justify that but I’ll keep my eye out for any third party options

Quote Originally Posted by RNJ26 View Post
    I actually inquired about a ceramic bezel change directly from Oris and was referred to their authorized service center who can purchase parts - [email protected]
    Thatís awesome news! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by conceptpro View Post
    So they didnít mention the bezel, sorry for anyone curious about that, but they strap would be $470 CAD with the tool which means my watch would jump up over a third in total price. I canít justify that but Iíll keep my eye out for any third party options
    They seem to crop up on the sales forums from time to time. Go to watchrecon.com, sign up (free) and enter a relevant search query to be emailed when something pops up.

conceptpro likes this.

Thread Information