Oris Aquis 40 discontinued?

Thread: Oris Aquis 40 discontinued?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oris Aquis 40 discontinued?

Helle everyone,

Does anyone know if the 40mm aquis been discontinued? I called 4 AD's here in Montreal and they all said that the 40 version could not been ordered since it is discontinued.

Is this real? I'm kind of suspicious because the aquis 40 is still on the Oris website. Shall I just contact Oris directly?

FYI: I've tried the 43m and it felt a tad too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Philippe-X; July 12th, 2015 at 20:49.
    "You want some respect? Go out and get it for yourself."

Re: Oris Aquis 40 discontinued?

I think you should contact Oris directly. Please let us know your finding :)

Contact Oris directly as the 40mm is still on the web site but it is the second time in a couple of weeks that someone has asked if the 40mm is discontinued.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quick update: The Oris website has been updated and the 40mm Aquis is still part pf the lineup...no not colors tho.

I don't believe so. Oris has added silver and white dialled 40mm Aquis since I checked previously when the website showed only black and grey dials. I am still hoping and holding out for blue 40mm Oris Aquis.

I was able to order an Oris Aquis 40mm from my AD at the end of June, but he could only get the black dial version I wanted with the rubber strap. He ordered the steel bracelet separately and I'm still waiting for it. Something seems to be up, if stock levels are low.
    Divers: Tudor Submariner 79190, Oris Aquis 40mm, Cyma Navy Star, Seiko Orange Monster, Bulova Marine Star, Pulsar Diver V736-6A20, Timex Atlantis
    Field & Dress: Timex Easy Reader, Timex Weekender, Timex Expedition, Casio MTP-1183E, Casio Calculator
    Vintage: Bulova 23 Jewels Selfwinding Six Adjustments

I am a few days late to this thread, but I was someone who created a similar thread and asked the same basic question.
    The answer that I got from AD's was that they would have to order the watch through ORIS and it would come from Switzerland.
    Most said it would take a least a couple of weeks or longer, but they are able to be ordered.

It was a couple of months ago when I was searching and the situation may have changed, but I would ask more AD's and/or call Topper.
    Also, it seems like the availability of the 40mm on gray market sites changes daily and not too long ago I saw the 40mm in stock and ready to deliver.

I was very randomly and luckily able to find a local AD that had a 40mm in stock for another customer and I was able to try it on.
    I ended up with a 43mm, but sometimes I wish I could go back and try on the 40mm one more time just to be sure.

Having said that, I love my 43mm and it's been the most accurate mechanical watch I own over the past few months.

I don't know what Oris people in Switzerland are thinking, they have added new 43mm and 36mm models, but just skipped over the 40mm. Watch buyers want a 40mm option, they could add a couple of 40mm, like a Black dial orange markers or Blue dial black bezel.

I guess their marketing people know what the watch buyers want ...... NOT !!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquis View Post
    I don't know what Oris people in Switzerland are thinking, they have added new 43mm and 36mm models, but just skipped over the 40mm. Watch buyers want a 40mm option, they could add a couple of 40mm, like a Black dial orange markers or Blue dial black bezel.

I guess their marketing people know what the watch buyers want ...... NOT !!
    Totally agree with you.

Just looked at the Oris website, seems they have eliminated some of the 40mm models.

Why ? Could the sales on 40mm be that poor ?
    Last edited by Aquis; July 29th, 2015 at 17:55.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information