Oris Aquis Blue Sunburst dial issue?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Oris Aquis Blue Sunburst dial issue?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Oris Aquis Blue Sunburst dial issue?

Hello, recently bought a Oris Aquis 39.5mm in Blue Sunburst dial on black ceramic bezel.. problem is when I take the watch outside in the sun, i see scratches on the glass everywhere on the glass that not visible when not in the sun. I feel like this is due reflection of sunburst dial to the glass from the sun... but is this normal? It is very visible on the sun and super annoying. Anyone having the same issue?

Re: Oris Aquis Blue Sunburst dial issue?

I’ve never experienced it. Don’t hate on me but are you sure the crystal is totally clean as the tiny grease smudges that are normally invisible make their presence felt in the sunshine.

Never experienced that before with mine! My BC3 shows marks VERY easily and I have to keep it extremely clean or it looks terrible.
    Rolex GMT-Master II "Batman", Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Titanium 45.5, Breitling Navitimer, Oris Aquis Date, Oris BC3 Advanced Day Date

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Post some clear photos and we'll be able to tell you if they're scratches or not

I tried with my phone but this is the best i can take but its like 5 times more scratches.
    Attached Images Attached Images

From what I can see in the pictures, the scratches look to be on the outside of the crystal, maybe in the anti reflective coating, (presuming this watch has exterior AR coating on the crystal).

One of the main or larger scratches appears to run counter to the direction of the sunburst pattern on the dial beneath that section of the crystal.

Did you purchase the watch from an AD? Are you the first owner?

Yes I purchased from local AD which was in stock when I purchased it. And I am the first owner and I babied this watch since day 1 because this was my first "expensive" watch. Should I be contacting the AD not the Oris Service center?

Per Oris website, this only has anti reflective coating on inside.
    yankeexpress likes this.

Hmmm, it's hard to tell. They do look kind of like scratches, however they could very well be reflections, there are many polished surfaces in the dial that can reflect off the crystal.

What's strange is that they seem circular in some photos.

I'd take that in to the AD to check out. With no external AR coating and a sapphire crystal, it should NOT be displaying scratches like that.
    Daily: Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M Master Chronometer Black Dial on Bracelet
    Beater: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled-gold Waltham pocket watch with blued hands and acid-etched movement

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information