oris aquis box

Thread: oris aquis box

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

oris aquis box

Hello,
    I haven't posted to the oris section yet as I am new to the brand. I am looking at ordering an oris aquis with orange markers and a rubber strap. I have a quick question before I do - does the aquis come with a divers mask box or a black fold over zipper box? I am looking at several places to order from and I have found that the information about what the box looks like to inconsistant. I don't really care about the box - but it can sometimes help to identify a fake or a used watch if the case goodies are incorrect.

Thanks in advance!
    Joe

Re: oris aquis box

Hi Joe. I believe the divers helmet box came with some of the older models, and when I say older I mean only a few years ago. I may be wrong, but the change to the clam box has been fairly recent from what I've seen.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Yeah, it's been several years since they used the helmet box. The current packaging is a hard outer box with an inner, black zipper case (clam shell case, if you will), that can double as a travel case.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; December 31st, 2013 at 01:20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine came with the black zipper case but I thought it was because I bought it grey market.
    Oris Aquis Date
    Tissot PRS516 Chrono Quartz

Thanks for the information!! It looks like the rubber strap gets positive reviews - how's the SS bracelet? Is there a place to buy replacement straps for the aquis? I mean oem replacements.

I just bought a Aquis, it came in a zipper box.
    I know nothing about watches, just what I like.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by joePRS View Post
    Thanks for the information!! It looks like the rubber strap gets positive reviews - how's the SS bracelet? Is there a place to buy replacement straps for the aquis? I mean oem replacements.
    The bracelets are among the best, anywhere. Any bracelet or strap can be ordered in by an AD, but my experience has been they are among the most expensive out there. You also need to be sure you order exactly the correct strap or bracelet because the sizing needs to take into account both the inner and outer lug dimensions, and Oris varies these between watches. In my opinion, if you want both bracelet and strap, buy the watch with the bracelet as it's only a slightly higher price that with a strap, then buy the strap separately.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; December 31st, 2013 at 16:56.

My Aquis came in a diver helmet, purchased from AD in Dec 2012. It was fresh stock.

I agree with Brent 100% on the strap/bracelet issue. If you want both then get the Aquis on a bracelet and order the strap after as it's cheaper that way. Either the strap or the bracelet are probably the most comfortable on the market so you will have no worries which ever you decide to go for. The Aquis comes in a zip up style box and I'm pretty sure that it was never done in thee divers helmet box.

Mmmm! just read D's post (I don't type fast at all). All that I can say is that I didn't THINK the Aquis ever came in the divers helmet box.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information