Oris Aquis bracelet
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Oris Aquis bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oris Aquis bracelet

Hello,

I'm going to (finally) be in a position to buy a really nice watch within the next three months. I really like the new Oris Aquis Date. The lug issue doesn't bother me, my OCD wouldn't let me get a 3rd party strap if it were possible. However, I read on another post that the steel bracelet of the Aquis shows skin between the links. Has this been your experience? I'd much prefer the steel bracelet on a day to day basis and use the rubber strap when I actually dive.

Also, a minor curiosity: this would be my first watch with a exhibition case back. How much does Oris decorate their movements, or is it just the red rotor?

Cheers!
    Last edited by bradly78; July 7th, 2015 at 23:32.

Re: Oris Aquis bracelet

the aquis bracelet is amazing, beautifully machined the clasp is top notch its stunning, i bought it separately for my aquis and very happy with it, its better made than the bond bracelet on my seamaster pro

i have the blue ceramic aquis date and its the best watch i ever had and the most comfortable stainless steel strap. yes you do see skin between the links but i didnt even notice till i read your post. just the red rotor really on the movement, the rest is just standard looking which is not a deal breaker....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It is at least as well made as an SMPc as a whole. The bracelet is very well made and yes you can see your skin but I never noticed. Now that I know I couldn't care less honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

The Oris bracelets in general are so damn good that if you're as observant as me you'll not notice any wrist showing.
    As for the display back let's just say that even with the red rotor you're in no danger getting over excited.

Thanks for the replies. Oris watches look great and the Aquis series ticks all the boxes. I can live with the bracelet, though between skiing, swimming and diving ots going to spend a fair bit of time on rubber.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

There's no issue with the lugs or bracelets on Oris diver watches. The bracelets are outstanding and put the bracelets of much more expensive watches to shame. The lug design is a brilliant design exercise who's point is to create visually seamless integration between the bracelet and case. It's a beautiful way to do it and makes regular lugs and bracelets look poorly finished and cobbled together in comparison.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; July 9th, 2015 at 15:24.
    gagnello and weigojmi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    There's no issue with the lugs or bracelets on Oris diver watches. The bracelets are outstanding and put the bracelets of much more expensive watches to shame. The lug design is a brilliant design exercise who's point is to create visually seamless integration between the bracelet and case. It's a beautiful way to do it and makes regular lugs and bracelets look poorly finished and cobbled together in comparison.
    well said

I have the titan Oris Aquis small seconds and the clasp was scratched. Today I used a dish sponge with the green part, to polish thr clasp and the result it's impressive. Even though the bracelet will scratch in time, it's better than any rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by 2dor View Post
    I have the titan Oris Aquis small seconds and the clasp was scratched. Today I used a dish sponge with the green part, to polish thr clasp and the result it's impressive. Even though the bracelet will scratch in time, it's better than any rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I have an Omega Microlon Pad designed specifically for refinishing titanium bracelets and cases. It does a fantastic job on clasps (stainless as well as titanium). I picked it up from Ofrei. It's product# FB-1121 if you search for it on their site.
    2dor likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information