Oris Aquis Bracelet Screw
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ispeed

Thread: Oris Aquis Bracelet Screw

Oris Aquis Bracelet Screw

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have an Aquis with the bracelet and the the little retaining screw that holds it to the lugs has fallen off. The bar is still there it is just the other screw that holds it on has fallen off. I was lucky that I noticed the bar sticking out and the watch didn't fall. Not sure why it was loose as I never changed the strap.

Any help or ideas on where to find a replacement would be great. Unfortunately, I don't live close to any dealers and the closest one is about 3 hours away, so I'll need to find someone to mail it to me.
    Last edited by ispeed; January 31st, 2017 at 23:41.

Re: Oris Aquis Bracelet Screw

Drop an email to the service centre in the US telling them how your watch cast a screw off - they may well take mercy on you. Alternatively contact an Oris AD for help. Chances are that both the SC and AD will want to provide the whole springbar (usually at a cost of course)

Please report back on how you got on. I had the exact same problem with a Tubbataha (46mm). I emailed my nearest AD (Bangkok) – no answer – and then emailed the main Oris service centre from their website – and still no response. Pretty hopeless service.
    If you have an email address that you got a response from please let me know…thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did call a dealer that was in Tennessee and they said they could order them but didn't give me a price. She is still investigating. I also did get a PM from someone on this board saying they are an authorized service center for Oris in Boston. I sent him an email to investigate further and if this pans out, I will ask they get in contact with you "soukchai" and see if they can do anything for you. Thanks for the help!
    soukchai likes this.

The other great option for you is to buy Aquis rubber strap additionally to your bracelet, it will come with two springbars with screws including- win win situation :)

Only drawback Oris rubber strap is quite expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A ray of hope for Ispeed. The quality of service centres varies greatly and I understand that the American one is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by ispeed View Post
    I did call a dealer that was in Tennessee and they said they could order them but didn't give me a price. She is still investigating. I also did get a PM from someone on this board saying they are an authorized service center for Oris in Boston. I sent him an email to investigate further and if this pans out, I will ask they get in contact with you "soukchai" and see if they can do anything for you. Thanks for the help!
    Hi ispeed......did you hear anything back from Oris?

cheers

Old thread I realize, but I just had the exact same problem, Oris Aquis GBR. Sigh of relief I noticed it, only had this about three months and still in honey,on phase with it.
    I purchased the rubber strap at time of purchase, so I have two extra screws.
    My question is, is this a common problem with watches in general, and are there any safeguards against similar issues that I am not in the know on?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAPnyc View Post
    Old thread I realize, but I just had the exact same problem, Oris Aquis GBR. Sigh of relief I noticed it, only had this about three months and still in honey,on phase with it.
    I purchased the rubber strap at time of purchase, so I have two extra screws.
    My question is, is this a common problem with watches in general, and are there any safeguards against similar issues that I am not in the know on?
    I have heard of people using locktite but i am not sure which one was recommended. But i think it was the blue.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Al30909 View Post
    I have heard of people using locktite but i am not sure which one was recommended. But i think it was the blue.

Al
    Blue would be the maximum. Purple would likely be a better choice.
    A tiny dab of clear nail polish also can do the trick.

Thread Information