Oris Aquis Crown issue.

Thread: Oris Aquis Crown issue.

Oris Aquis Crown issue.

Hey All

Just had a quick question, the crown on my Oris Aquis sometimes does not fully pop out into the winding position when I unscrew it.

It kind of half pops out and will then immediatly pop out the rest of the way when I go to wind it, I am careful to only nudge the crown around a tiny bit until I feel it pop all the way out.

I have noticed that it usually happens more often if I unscrew the crown slowly, but it still happens sometimes even if I unscrew it quickly.

Otherwise the watch is performing really well, this doesn't seem normal though does it?

Re: Oris Aquis Crown issue.

Don't know if it is "normal" or not. We would need a watchmaker or someone more versed in movements to comment, BUT........I think this is pretty common among a variety of movements, I have 2824's, STP's, Seiko's, Valjoux, 2892?, and SW200's that do this quite frequently. Don't think you need to worry about it.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

lvt

I believe it's normal because you don't unscrew it often enough so it might feel like being stuck.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Entirely normal. They all do this, and I’ve also noticed it with other brands using different calibers.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Hey

Thanks for the responses, has put my mind at ease.

Truthfully I don't want anyone to touch it and maybe bump anything to mess with the regulation :P I think I got pretty lucky in the movement lottery, my Source of life has been shockingly accurate without exaggerating it is averaging -2/+2 for the 3 months or so I have owned it.

I am glad to hear that this behavior from the crown is probably just a quirk and not a fault.

I wouldn’t worry about it. Things will most likely ease up after a bit of use.

Thread Information