Oris Aquis Date 39.5 vs 43.5mm?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Oris Aquis Date 39.5 vs 43.5mm?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oris Aquis Date 39.5 vs 43.5mm?

Hi guys,

I'm buying my first real watch and I have opted for Oris Aquis Date (blue dial). I've attached the picture.

My wrist size is 17cm and I'm wondering which size I should go for, 39.5mm vs 43.5mm? I live in remote Australia so unfortunately I can't try them out, I'll have to buy the watch online.

Thanks guys 🙂

My apologies, small correction - my wrist size is 16.7mm.

Re: Oris Aquis Date 39.5 vs 43.5mm?

Hello Zest, I think you meant 16.7CM if so and I have my unit converter app correct you have a 6.5" wrist. I have had two 43mm gen 1 Aquis on rubber, one 40mm Gen 1 on bracelet, my current 43.5 Aquis source of life on bracelet and just sold my 39.5 aquis on rubber cause I miss the wrist presence of the 43.5mm. I have a 6.75"/7" wrist and if I'm being honest I have struggled with the right size aquis. The 43.mm or my current 43.5mm at times feels to big up close but when looking from far gives much better perspective and the larger aquis looks better. The 39.5mm Aquis I just sold at times felt to small so I sold it. I kind of wish I had tried the 39.5mm on bracelet as I think it would have made a difference. If you cant go to an AD and feel them in person the next best thing is to buy both sizes and see what you like better. I have also learned with the aquis that having both the rubber strap and bracelet is the perfect setup but its expensive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With a 16.5 cm wrist size, I would go with the 39.5mm. The 39.5 has a 46.1mm from lug-to-lug width, while the 43.5mm has a lug-to-lug with around 50mm.

Traditionally Oris divers wear small so I reckon that you could go for either and be quite happy. Back in the day Oris did a 40mm Aquis and a lot of people with small wrists bought it but later complained that it felt a bit small on them. Just FYI here’s my full size Aquis on my 6.75” wrist.

Name:  C9E1F231-5057-4B57-AD8D-2D6C74DD47FB.jpeg
Views: 456
Size:  187.3 KB
    Tomc1944 likes this.

Thanks very much guys, appreciate your comments and pictures.

Would anyone by any chance have a picture of 39.5 or 43.5mm watch on 16.7cm wrist?

The lug to lug on the Oris Aquis series is fairly small, and overall the 43.5mm wears well even on smaller wrists, IF that is your style (you like larger watches). If you prefer smaller, or "classic" looking, then definitely go with the smaller.

I chose the 43.5 and love it, fits perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Viper98912 View Post
    The lug to lug on the Oris Aquis series is fairly small, and overall the 43.5mm wears well even on smaller wrists, IF that is your style (you like larger watches). If you prefer smaller, or "classic" looking, then definitely go with the smaller.

I chose the 43.5 and love it, fits perfectly
    Thanks mate. What's your wrist size?

The gen 2 Aquis was slimmed down a bit in the lugs and bracelet so I think you're do well with a 43.5 mm version. The original Gray Dial Tungsten Aquis on bracelet is my daily wear piece and I love it. Probably my favorite dive watch of all time and one that I'll keep forever.

Long time lurker here.....decided I should finally start posting after being a forum member for years :)

I %1000 say go with the 43mm. As others mentioned the lug to lug length, case design ect. make them wear smaller. As I've mentioned various times around here in my opinion the dimensions of the 40mm version just don't work nearly as well as they do for the 43mm. Its too stubby. I normally wear (and have had plenty of) 40mm divers so I was excited when the 40mm Aquis was being brought back however when I tried it on I was let down.

Looks and wears slightly smaller then what appears in the pic

Not sure why my pic is going sideways.
    Last edited by mplsabdullah; October 21st, 2019 at 16:19.
    tumbler and jamsie like this.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information