The Oris Aquis Date 43mm White dial....
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Oris Aquis Date 43mm White dial....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Oris Aquis Date 43mm White dial....

I have always admired white dials, especially on dive watches since they are rare. For a long time I have considered buying the white Aquis on the white rubber strap. My only hang-up, would it look feminine? Should I be secure enough not to care?
    Danny T likes this.

Re: The Oris Aquis Date 43mm White dial....

It's a nice clean look, definitely an attractive piece. It's not as though you're wearing hoop earrings. Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see a watch I already like made in white I do have a soft spot for it.
    The oris' clean symmetrical dial and nice bezel with the oris case shape is all very appealing. My vote is don't worry about the other insecure people that will knock it.

Its too feminine for my tastes, but that shouldn't stop you from buying it if you love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It does look a little too feminine for me as well, but regardless it's a great looking piece.

Rock it if you've got it!
    Last edited by loupav; October 28th, 2013 at 16:55.
    I know nothing about watches, just what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by loupav View Post
    It does look a little too feminine for me as well, but regardless it's a great looking piece.

Rock it if you've got it!
    I may just buy it on the bracelet, which should balance out the white dial and bezel more.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

You can always try it on a black rubber strap. It would be reminiscent of the white dial IWC Aquatimer, which I think is a great looking watch.

JW, It's a great looking piece your main concern ought to be me nicking it off you. If you are a little worried about the white strap why not get it on a bracelet and buy the strap as well so that you've got the best of both worlds?

If you like it you should get it. It is a really nice looking watch and the fact that it is 43 mm and a bulky divers watch should make it look a bit more masculine. Despite this, I do agree with the earlier posters that it would look even more masculine on a bracelet or black rubber.
    Last edited by cobalt47; October 28th, 2013 at 23:45. Reason: typo

I'd definitely buy this watch... for my wife.
    BELL & ROSS - BR01-96 | CASIO - G Shock G-7900A-7 | ORIS - Oris Divers Small Second, Date | TISSOT - T Race-MotoGP | TIMEX - Indiglo Reef Gear

I certainly won't judge since it's a fine watch, but I actually think they may have designed the white model for women. If you look at the website, both of the white dial 43mm models contain an image of a woman wearing the watch, with the caption "Oris Aquis Lady Diver featuring Oris Brand Ambassador Anna von Boetticher". They also contain a video link titled "Oris Lady Diver". They are the only 43mm models with this image and video attached. The white 43mm also uses a different bezel from all of the other 43mm models, and that bezel matches the one used on the much smaller 36mm models, which I also believe are designed for women.

All that being said, I am a firm believer in the "wear what you like" mantra. I don't think there's anything inherently feminine about a white Aquis. If they released a white version with the same matte bezel found on the other models, I'd be the first in line to get it. In fact, I think someone on the forum mocked one up for me in Photoshop a while back. A white face with a silver bezel would make me so happy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information