Oris Aquis Date change date direction?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Oris Aquis Date change date direction?

Question Oris Aquis Date change date direction?

Hello everyone,

I tried looking for answer to this but with no luck. In which direction should I rotate the crown to change date and/or hour on an Oris Aquis Date watch? I don't want to damage the mechanism the user manual just says to turn either clockwise or counter-clockwise depending on the movement. AFAIK OAD has Calibre 733 movement but how do I know which movement necessitates which direction? As I said I don't want to turn in the wrong one not to damage the watch - is this a sensible precaution?

Best,

S.

Re: Oris Aquis Date change date direction?

Rotate the crown clockwise. If you rotate it either way you won't do any damage. You can damage it however, if you change the date between 9:00pm and 3:00 am. Avoid changing the date during these hours.

If I let my Aquis run down and need to change the date, I will set the hands to noon and then use the quick set date function. You will avoid any potential damage this way.
    Victorinox Airboss Automatic
    Oris Aquis Date (Gradient Blue Dial)
    Vintage Oris Chronoris
    Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie Ultra Slim

Thank you SO much for the reply! So one last stupid question - sorry for this but this is my first automatic watch - it was a gift from my parents for graduation. What does it actually mean to turn the crown clockwise? Depending on the hand I'm wearing it seems to mean different thing. Let's say I'm wearing it on the left hand with crown facing towards my fingers. Should I rotate it in such a way that top of the crown (i.e. the further surface "parallel" to my forearm) moves in the direction of 12 o'clock? It seems so complicated but I really don't want to do it wrong lol - sorry ;) BTW. If between 9:00pm and 3:00 am is risky wouldn't it make sense to set hands at 5:00 am/pm just to make sure we're not exactly at midnight? I mean I know after the date changes we should do 12 hours and it should be fine, but I think they mention 5:00 in the manual...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Easy, crown facing you....

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Keith's answer is spot on and so is Allan's. I set my watches to 6:00 to change the date as I don't have to worry whether the watch thinks it's am or pm.
    Keith Hauser likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sadysat View Post
    Thank you SO much for the reply! So one last stupid question - sorry for this but this is my first automatic watch - it was a gift from my parents for graduation. What does it actually mean to turn the crown clockwise? Depending on the hand I'm wearing it seems to mean different thing. Let's say I'm wearing it on the left hand with crown facing towards my fingers. Should I rotate it in such a way that top of the crown (i.e. the further surface "parallel" to my forearm) moves in the direction of 12 o'clock? It seems so complicated but I really don't want to do it wrong lol - sorry ;) BTW. If between 9:00pm and 3:00 am is risky wouldn't it make sense to set hands at 5:00 am/pm just to make sure we're not exactly at midnight? I mean I know after the date changes we should do 12 hours and it should be fine, but I think they mention 5:00 in the manual...
    It's become my habit. I set the hands to noon so, depending on what time it is when I'm setting the watch, I only have to go backwards or forwards the least amount.

Clockwise crown rotation is rotating the crown away from you.
    Vintage Oris Chronoris

Thanks for all the help guys, it worked perfectly. It's a blue dial 43mm oris aquis date and it's freaking gorgeous. Even the lume which I was most unsure about lasted through last night and I could tell it's 6am in the morning ;) Cheers!

You're welcome, enjoy!
    Vintage Oris Chronoris

Thread Information