Oris aquis date crown issue

Thread: Oris aquis date crown issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oris aquis date crown issue

Hi guys,
    I'm new to the forum. Purchased an Oris aquis date grey tungsten brand new from a grey dealer last week. First time I tried to change time and date the crown didn't seem to engage. Pulled to position 3 and then back to two and one - back to 3. Nothing. Then winded the watch and tried again worked. I was a bit paranoid so tried few times and every thing worked ok. The the crown action however is a bit wobbly compared to my Tudor black bay and breitling superocean. Which I expected due to cost difference.

Today the watch stopped as it was sitting for last few days. Pulled the crown to 3 and hands didn't move, 2 date didn't move. Tried few times then gave it a bit of winding . Back to position 3 - every thing works. Position 2 date changes.
    What can be the problem? Do you need to wind up the watch prior to set the time/date? Don't have any issues with my BB or SO.

Re: Oris aquis date crown issue

Your watch will have the SW200 movement in it and none of mine need a bit of go in them before the date/time can be set so I would suspect that the movement isn't a happy bunny. The crown on my Aquis Date is solid but the one on my Titan wobbles like crazy so unless it is bad I wouldn't worry too much about it

thanks. I will just have to try and keep the watch going and try not to set time too often.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm considering purchasing an Aquis date in the UK, does anyone have experience of their service here should I come across an issue?
    Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711/1A, Grand Seiko GS SBGA031, Grand Seiko GS SBGA011, Rolex Submariner 114060, Rolex Explorer II 21652, Rolex Deepsea Deep Blue 116660, Casio G-Shock MRG-G1000B-1ADR, Casio G-Shock MRG-G1000DC-1ADR, Casio G-Shock Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000-1A, Casio G-Shock GWP-2000-1AER, Omega Speedmaster DSOTM, Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-axial, Omega Seamaster Deep Black, Zenith Montre D'Aeroneuf Pilot Extra Special, Oris ProDiver Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by starlir View Post
    I'm considering purchasing an Aquis date in the UK, does anyone have experience of their service here should I come across an issue?
    I've never heard anything bad about the U.K. SC but I guess I'll find out for myself soon as my Depth Gauge has just gone there.

md2010 If you ask the GM to service it please update us with your experience.

I had a problem with one of my Oris w/ sw200 GM told me will take over 4 weeks to resolve it was running fast.
    After a lot of phone calls/emails telling that I needed watch asap or replace it. They agreed for a refund. Owned the watch for only a month.
    Refund took another month. I guess this is the - side when dealing with GM.

That is quite poor experience. Service/warranty claims form GM dealer will always be an issue. Hence they offer those craze lifetime warranty for very low prices. I tried to change time last weekend it worked ok. I am still convinced there must be an issue - I guess I will just and see where it goes and maybe will get it serviced by a local watch maker when it totally fails.

If you've no faith in the GM seller think about having your watch guy look at it sooner rather than later in case something fairly minor turns into a major breakdown later on.

I have since changed time and date on the watch without any problems. Just as a safety gave the watch few half circle shake prior to adjusting time. Here is a wrist shot. BTW I have ordered OEM Oris Orange straps last week aswell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by md2010; February 28th, 2016 at 12:17.

sold this piece - this piece never sat on my wrist properly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information