Oris aquis Green and aquis sizing
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Oris aquis Green and aquis sizing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oris aquis Green and aquis sizing

I picked up an aquis Green on bracelet for a really fantastic price. I was skeptical of the size having not tried it on but the price was so good I couldn't refuse. Now I've got it I'm amazed at how well it fits on my slightly over 6.5 inch wrist, despite its enormous 43.5mm width. They have done some kind of magic with the lugs bearing in mind I sold a nomos orion 38mm for having too long lugs! In any case, I am impressed with the watch. I am slightly surprised at how blingy it is, but the quality is lovely. I still think I will try and swap for a 39.5mm version, but if that doesn't workout, I can live quite happily as I intend to dive with this and it is very legible! The green on this is so unique and subtle.

Name:  IMG_20200107_182541.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  2.21 MB

And it looks slightly larger close up but not ridiculous I don't think.

Name:  IMG_20200107_205948.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  2.01 MB

Re: Oris aquis Green and aquis sizing

Great looking watch, the 43mm size looks perfect on you. I think the 39 would look too small. I've got a 6.5" wrist and own a 43mm too and am happy with the sizing.
    You're right that due to the lug design they do wear significantly smaller than you might expect.
    Breitling Navitimer | Omega Speedmaster Professional | Tudor Black Bay | Oris Aquis | Breitling Colt

Very nice. Fits you perfectly.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Back in the day Oris did a 40mm Aquis and the forums seemed to be awash with small wristed owners who thought the 40mm looked too small on them. The larger version looks great on us with more delicate wrists.

Great watch. If I had to drastically narrow down my watches that would be one to make the cut.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Stick man has nice fit watch!
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

So I've been wearing it for a couple of days now and certainly adjusting to it. My other watches are a nomos orion 35 and seiko sarb033 which gives an idea of how conservative my watch tastes usually are. With the aquis, despite its toolish design, it has some pretty flashy features like the shiny ceramic bezel and polished outer links on the bracelet. So I think it's about getting used to the design as well as the size. I was looking for something a bit more sporty though so am starting to appreciate it and am amazed how well it fits for the size and think it might be a keeper. I do have a flat wrist luckily as well.

Oh and I had a look at a submariner hulk and thought the ceramic bezel on the aris was a much, much nicer shade.plus, look at that sunburst...
    Name:  IMG_20200108_205548.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  1.91 MB
    NC_Hager626 and ven like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle1234c View Post
    So I've been wearing it for a couple of days now and certainly adjusting to it. My other watches are a nomos orion 35 and seiko sarb033 which gives an idea of how conservative my watch tastes usually are. With the aquis, despite its toolish design, it has some pretty flashy features like the shiny ceramic bezel and polished outer links on the bracelet. So I think it's about getting used to the design as well as the size. I was looking for something a bit more sporty though so am starting to appreciate it and am amazed how well it fits for the size and think it might be a keeper. I do have a flat wrist luckily as well.
    Kyle, size and style are a two way street - while you are having to get used to the Aquis because it’s larger than you usually wear I like big chunky divers so anything normal feel a little unusual on me.
    ven likes this.

Great looking watch, and it fits your wrist very well. I opted for the blue 39.5 Aquis with my 6.5" wrist size.
    This this goes to show that not all 6.5" wrists are created equal. I felt like the larger size was too big for my wrist, but it looks great on you.
    Wrist size, shape, and personal preference...have to take all 3 into account when deciding....
    Again...great watch. Enjoy it Kyle.....
    Joe
    Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information