Oris Aquis Orange lume (My Experience)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.Jones82
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Oris Aquis Orange lume (My Experience)

Oris Aquis Orange lume (My Experience)

So after seeing post after post of how bad the Oris orange Lume is I decided to give my take... For reference I own watches with Swiss Lumi-Nova bgw9 and C3.

The orange does not get as bright when freshly charged as the others but it is plenty bright and has great staying power. I have found that it last all night. I charged the Oris and Panerai and went to bed at 11pm. And the orange Oris out did my Panerai in the brightness department at 4am. I was impressed... Even non direct ambient sunlight is enough to charge it fairly well. About the same as the other so called brighter lumes. I think the Lume doesn't look as impressive because the orange is already bright so when the lume takes over its not as dramatic of a change.

Anyway I was holding off on an orange Oris due to bad reviews for some time but got a great deal on one and figured what the hell... I'm glad I did.

Pic for reference is after standing in a well lit (by the sun) room in my house then went into a dark bathroom. Didn't even hit it directly with a light...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by danimal107; February 7th, 2020 at 01:08.

Re: Oris Aquis Orange lume (My Experience)

dglsjhan likes this.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Never been impressed with orange lume (it’s rubbish) but the markers look so dang good in natural light that I can overlook the pitiful lume performance.
    Davemro likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Never been impressed with orange lume (it’s rubbish) but the markers look so dang good in natural light that I can overlook the pitiful lume performance.
    See... I have seen so many posts saying what you just said and it kept me from buying one but I completely disagree... My orange lume Oris is better than my Panerai after the initial charge wears down and they both settle in for the long haul. How is that pitiful? I can easily read my watch at 4am from an 11pm charge. How is that pitiful?

Not trying to debate and be a smart ass I seriously don't get why everyone says its terrible...

Do they have two different versions of the orange? Mine is more of a coral/salmon color orange and I have seen others that look deeper orange but I have not seen them in person so not sure if its the photos or my computer screen making them look different.

Name:  IMG_5577.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  2.49 MB

This is what mine looks like.

I have it as well on an older TT1 and also think the performance is not up to my other divers with green C3 and especially C3X1. Lume isn't hugely important to me as I wear a GSAR for low light or night activities, but as Sticky says, it looks so good as a marker color during the day.

Name:  49mile038.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  71.9 KB
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

I totally concede that it doesn't have the punch of the C3 or BGW9 in certain situations but after much testing I have not once been unable to read it and the others I could. For me its maybe just a hair darker but still right there. The biggest difference is when I go from extended periods in a medium to lower light room with no direct light on the watch to a dark room the orange is a little less charged looking. But when I hit them all with a light or direct sun I honestly don't see much difference at all after the initial couple minute mark. They settle in about the same...

Maybe you guys care more about that hair of a difference in certain environments than me but the internet post make it sound like its totally useless and I find it to be more than adequate... In fact I have yet to test it and see a difference that's big enough to say "wow the orange is totally inferior..."
    Last edited by danimal107; February 8th, 2020 at 17:26.

Thread Information