Oris Aquis Scratches on the Crystal
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oris Aquis Scratches on the Crystal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oris Aquis Scratches on the Crystal

Hey everyone, I recently acquired this Oris Aquis, it's been purchased in June 2018 and is still covered under warranty. I really love this watch. However, one problem I've noticed is that under direct sunlight (or other very strong light sources I suppose) there are hundreds of very small scratches visible on the sapphire crystal. In lower lit environments, it is impossible to see these scratches. I am not sure if this is a defect? if it is covered under warranty? Has anyone experienced an issue like this?

Another problem/issue I have is that the watch gains on average about 7 seconds per day. Is this within the standard range for this watch? I could not find any info on the range this watch is expected to run in.

P.S. I have successfully registered the watch on myOris and increased the manufacturer's warranty to 3 years.

I tried my best to capture the scratches in these photos. Really hard to do so.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2414.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	14574683

Name:	IMG_2413.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	14574685

Name:	IMG_2415.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	14574691

Re: Oris Aquis Scratches on the Crystal

I can see them too and if I see them correctly all scratches are vertical? It's never the case if you scratch watch/crystal from normal use scratches have random direction. If they are all vertical it was either caused by damage having direction or I donno, crystal quality issues? I don't think Oris QC would have passed this watch in such condition. Sapphire crystal must be hard to scratch. Either way, since your watch is on warranty it may make sence to discuss this over with authorized service center and get their comments.

Raise the scratch issue with the dealer because it wouldn’t pass for “accidental” in my book. Re the variance I think the accepted is -5/+20 SPD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Scratches are much more visible in this photo. No, there are countless scratches in every direction, only vertical ones are visible in this image because of the angle of the sunlight. If I rotate the watch different scratches will be visible. I'm not even sure if these are even "scratches". Maybe reflection from the dial? Anyway I don't think they're normal.

Name:  photo_2019-10-25 13.07.28.jpeg
Views: 163
Size:  179.0 KB

Crystal, scratches and warranty, no.

lvt

Could be the outer AR coating?
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Could be the outer AR coating?
    Aquis models only have ar coating on the inside of the crystal as far as I know.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    Aquis models only have ar coating on the inside of the crystal as far as I know.
    Many Omega owners blamed the outer AR coating on their watches for being scratched easily. This pic from omegaforums.net looks pretty similar to your watch.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

lvt

I have two watches with outer AR that needs removal, none of those watches is known for having an outer AR coating.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information