ORIS Aquis Titan Chronograph

Thread: ORIS Aquis Titan Chronograph

ORIS Aquis Titan Chronograph

I guess, I am in the process of buying the watch. But really it puzzle me, having google for a few days, I can hardly find any detail review on the watch Personally I really think it's the most gorgeous of the ORIS divers series. Anyone has input for the bad and the good? Is it a really good watch? how is the accuracy and performance?? Another one that attract my attention is the TT3 w/second time zone. Unfortunately I hate the fact that it does not come with good old metal bracelet (Titanium would be nice), it only come with rubber??. How nice if they can come with both option just like the prodiver series.

Re: ORIS Aquis Titan Chronograph

You probably know this already so just bear with me. The Titan Chrono contains the 7750 movement rather than the SW500 so there should be no questions over reliability. It's a fairly hefty piece at 46mm but saying that you should have no problems wearing it. If I can anyone can. Either the strap or bracelet are supremely comfortable but beware of desk diving marks if you get the Ti bracelet especially on the highly polished bits. Re the TT3, I'm not sure if the Ti bracelet that comes fitted to the TT3 chrono will fit the 2 time zone version you are looking at. It's certainly not an option that is available from Oris. You would need to check with an AD if the bracelet would fit. It may look a little odd - a gold coloured watch on a Ti bracelet. If you do decide to go down that route I would suggest having an AD fit the bracelet since the number of people who've dinged their TT3s messing about with the strap is legion

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    You probably know this already so just bear with me. The Titan Chrono contains the 7750 movement rather than the SW500 so there should be no questions over reliability. It's a fairly hefty piece at 46mm but saying that you should have no problems wearing it. If I can anyone can. Either the strap or bracelet are supremely comfortable but beware of desk diving marks if you get the Ti bracelet especially on the highly polished bits. Re the TT3, I'm not sure if the Ti bracelet that comes fitted to the TT3 chrono will fit the 2 time zone version you are looking at. It's certainly not an option that is available from Oris. You would need to check with an AD if the bracelet would fit. It may look a little odd - a gold coloured watch on a Ti bracelet. If you do decide to go down that route I would suggest having an AD fit the bracelet since the number of people who've dinged their TT3s messing about with the strap is legion
    Thanks for the response. You know the one got me a little worry about the Aquis Titan Chrono is WHY some site (even the Friends of ORIS) have the watch as in bluish color while official sites and most online retail have them in Grey? Also I have been into one of the local AD here, and the color is far from bluish?? (the lighting was quite intense in the AD though). And I think I did try to twist it around, but still cant match up the bluish color??
    I guess I must be "blue color" blind. Anyway, this weekend I will be going back to the AD to have another go.....HOPEFULLY by the end of this week, I will have one of the ORIS in my collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Call me crazy or nuts....I couldnt care less anymore for all the worries....just buy the damn thing....Here is the photo:

Name:  ORISAquisTitanChrono_zps92d49118.jpg
Views: 1275
Size:  65.2 KB

i had the chance to try on the exact one, it's light, has great wrist presence and very legible. it's a wee bit thick than most watches but dont let that deter you. since you are in Sydney, i would suggest talking to Smitty or Smithy from FriendsOfOris because they are the dealers down there and would probably give you an awesome price. plus. oris released a few interesting ones based on the aquis as well, all 46mm non chronos though

Dear nuts, it is rather a nice watch is it not? congratulations on picking the peice up. I still can't make my mind up whether the lume on it is blue or green - I think the best bet is to go with blueish green.

Oh yeah,...it better be...after having go nuts for a week, bombarding every forum I can, and sick of watching all the "you" clips (instead of playboy calendar of the year). Give me a week, I will make a review for it. AS for the lume, having done and going for another 10 round of Heineken, I guess I'm starting to get the blueish feeling As I said before (somewhere), I'm glad at least it still glow

Quote Originally Posted by moky View Post
    i had the chance to try on the exact one, it's light, has great wrist presence and very legible. it's a wee bit thick than most watches but dont let that deter you. since you are in Sydney, i would suggest talking to Smitty or Smithy from FriendsOfOris because they are the dealers down there and would probably give you an awesome price. plus. oris released a few interesting ones based on the aquis as well, all 46mm non chronos though

Believe me, when the first time I really got my head into this ORIS (from googling anyway), Friends of ORIS is the first point of contact and even the forum. I have a very high and strong expectation from them (especially price wise). Unfortunately, I got a better deal somewhere else....way better deal (by quite a margin) from (mind you, they are also authorized dealers of ORIS, not grey market dealers). I am sorry I cant discuss the exact price in the post (to respect the forum rules), but if you really need help here in Sydney , let me know by PM, I can give the reference. I am sure Friends of ORIS may have try their best, but I guess the other offer is just too good to be let down especially from another legitimate dealers.
    Last edited by Chris Hohne; July 3rd, 2013 at 04:06.

Thread Information