Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By RotorBoater
  • 2 Post By RotorBoater
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By RotorBoater
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Oris Aquis Tri-Wing Screw Size

Oris Aquis Tri-Wing Screw Size

Good Morning all. Does anyone happen to know the size of the thread on the screws that hold the lug bars on the Aquis? Was originally going to try and make a small tool to remove them easier but figured if I can find some normal flathead screws that would be the easier way to go. Head size/shape will be another concern, but the actual thread is the first step. Thanks

Re: Oris Aquis Tri-Wing Screw Size

take the screws out and take them to your local hardware store and match, personally I think the tri wing screws look great and flat head screws would look ...., would be easier to buy the tri wing screwdriver
    IG #roscoe101010

Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE, Oris Aquis Regulateur Der Meistertaucher, Oris Aquis Staghorn LE, Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef III LE, Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT Titanium, Lum-Tec Bull 42 A20, Lum-Tec Combat B33 GMT, Luminox Atacama Field Day/Date Black, Raymond Weil Tango, Citizen Eco Drive Promaster, Citizen Eco Drive Pro Master Marine Aqualand 200m, Geckota S-01 300 m Auto Dive Watch , Seiko SKX007J1 modded, Seiko 5 Sports "Purple Haze" LE, Citizen Promaster Asia Limited Edition Fugu NY0097-87A, Victorinox INOX Pro Diver, Seiko Prospex "Save The Ocean Great White Shark Edition" Turtle 200M Automatic.

Oris seems to be the only source of tri-wing screwdrivers of the correct size and even though they ain’t cheap it might be a pill worth swallowing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, but that's what they want you to think. I do have a tri-wing set that I got through amazon that works fairy well, but over time the center of the screws has gotten somewhat chewed up. I've found similar screws that are flathead for small projects like computer components, etc. but didn't know the thread size for these. We'll see, might end up just modifying the cheap screwdriver I have so it fits flat and isn't pointed. Thanks

The Tri-wing screwdriver head I have that fits in my Oris is labeled as size 3.0 in the kit. Bought the full kit on amazon for $12 or $14 I believe. A Tri-Wing screwdriver from Oris is $50-$60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Imbiton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RotorBoater View Post
    The Tri-wing screwdriver head I have that fits in my Oris is labeled as size 3.0 in the kit. Bought the full kit on amazon for $12 or $14 I believe. A Tri-Wing screwdriver from Oris is $50-$60

Link to that kit would be appreciated.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Quote Originally Posted by mplsabdullah View Post
    Link to that kit would be appreciated.
    ORIA Precision Screwdriver Kit, 60 in 1 with 56 Bits Screwdriver Set, Magnetic Driver Kit with Flexible Shaft, Extension Rod for Mobile Phone, Smartphone, Game Console, Tablet, PC, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E16J6RQ..._.zcfDbCVFRKBE

mplsabdullah and Imbiton like this.

Is it a good fit? Because I heard that some of the tri-wings that were close were just that - close but no coconut.
    Imbiton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Is it a good fit? Because I heard that some of the tri-wings that were close were just that - close but no coconut.
    It fits perfectly on my 39.5mm. Not sure if the screws on the 43.5 are the same.

Only issue is you need a second trip wing on the opposite side to hold one screw in place as you unscrew the other

Imbiton likes this.

It fits perfectly on my 39.5mm. Not sure if the screws on the 43.5 are the same.

Only issue is you need a second trip wing on the opposite side to hold one screw in place as you unscrew the other

Good to know. Thanks.
    Imbiton likes this.

Thread Information