Oris Artelier Jumping Hour 917-7702-4051-MB
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kubelik

Thread: Oris Artelier Jumping Hour 917-7702-4051-MB

Oris Artelier Jumping Hour 917-7702-4051-MB

Hello! I was having trouble finding the info I needed on this watch. Does anyone know if the Hr is displayed in 12-hr format or 24-hr. As in, at 1:00 p.m., does it show a 1 in the Hr window or does it show 13?

While I'm at it, any owners have any feedback, good or bad, about this watch?

Thanks in advance.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  25.4 KB

Re: Oris Artelier Jumping Hour 917-7702-4051-MB

It's 12 hour not 24
    the dial has different levels and textures. You really have to see one to appreciate the effect.
    its beautiful in person

Personally, I think that that one is a super cool choice for the price point. Oris has been riding a hot streak lately...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty sure it's 12 Hr format.

Thank you all so much! I might have to pick one up at some point. I love jumping hours and this is a cool one. I agree Oris has been riding a hot streak lately. The 24 hr ones don't appeal to me because it takes me a fraction longer to read, which to me defeats the purpose. I'll share it on here if/when I get one. Thanks again.

So I just got one of these and the jump hour disc has a lot of lash - I was expecting a clean click from one number to the next, but instead between the disc swings back back and forth for like, a half second before settling down on the number. It's most noticeable from 12 to 1, and then it gradually lessens as the numbers get higher. the click-over from 10 to 11 is very crisp, as is from 11 to 12. Anyone have any hands-on experience with this watch that can weigh in? I got it for an incredible bargain so I'm not returning it as I love the piece, but I just want to know if it's something I should take to a watchmaker to look at. Thanks in advance!

In terms of everything else ... this watch photographs fairly accurately in my opinion. It's dressy while remaining just sporty enough with the brushed parts of the case and the simple indices and hands, catches light nicely without feeling "blingy", and the geometry is elegantly balanced while being interesting and decentered. The leather strap is a little stiff initially and perhaps a touch plasticky feeling to the touch, but it's comfortable on the wrist and I love Oris deployants. Definitely think I'm going to retire my Seiko Presage SARX035 in favor of this, it just has so much more character and that right amount of uniqueness/watch-geekery without being loud.
    Surfrider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kubelik View Post
    So I just got one of these and the jump hour disc has a lot of lash - I was expecting a clean click from one number to the next, but instead between the disc swings back back and forth for like, a half second before settling down on the number. It's most noticeable from 12 to 1, and then it gradually lessens as the numbers get higher. the click-over from 10 to 11 is very crisp, as is from 11 to 12. Anyone have any hands-on experience with this watch that can weigh in? I got it for an incredible bargain so I'm not returning it as I love the piece, but I just want to know if it's something I should take to a watchmaker to look at. Thanks in advance!

In terms of everything else ... this watch photographs fairly accurately in my opinion. It's dressy while remaining just sporty enough with the brushed parts of the case and the simple indices and hands, catches light nicely without feeling "blingy", and the geometry is elegantly balanced while being interesting and decentered. The leather strap is a little stiff initially and perhaps a touch plasticky feeling to the touch, but it's comfortable on the wrist and I love Oris deployants. Definitely think I'm going to retire my Seiko Presage SARX035 in favor of this, it just has so much more character and that right amount of uniqueness/watch-geekery without being loud.
    Just now saw your post. After it jumps to the next hour at it's worst going form 12 to 1, or any time you notice "lash" after the half-second of settling, does is wiggle or seem loose or does it stay put in the window? If it stays put in the window, I'd say it sounds totally fine; especially if it keeps accurate time.