Oris BC3 Advanced Accuracy

Thread: Oris BC3 Advanced Accuracy

Oris BC3 Advanced Accuracy

Good Day Guys.

I owned an Oris BC3 advanced day-date wristwatch. It's almost two years old. I observed that it is late 1 minute every week. That means i am losing 8.6 seconds per day. Is this normal?

Thanks much.

chumbian

Re: Oris BC3 Advanced Accuracy

Actually 8.6 secs per day is not too shabby for a non COSC mechanical watch. Oris consider something silly like 30 secs per day as acceptable. If the variance bugs you then you could have it regulated by a watchmaker but be aware that it will cost you, there is no guarantee that things will be better and if you have the work done by anyone other than the Oris service centre of your country it will invalidate your extended Oris warranty if you have registered your BC3 (the extended warranty is only available if you bought from an AD)

TTL

My BC3 Advanced runs +5.6 seconds per day. If yours was gaining instead of losing, I wouldn’t touch it, but a watch that loses time just drives me nuts. If it were me, I’d probably have it regulated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

+8.6 is not farfrom COSC. Seemingly Oris consider between -5 and +20 as operating within spec. My Oris is also running too fast for my taste. So have been lately looking into it.

Sorry Chumbian, I've been telling fibs. The Oris specs are -5 and +20 secs per day (don't know where I got 30 from - put it down to my age) so if it's loosing 8.6 secs per day it would be outside those specs. To be 100% sure set it then check the time after 5 days wear. If it's definitely loosing time outside of the specs you can then approach the dealer about having it regulated under the warranty.

Thread Information