Is Oris Big Crown ProPilot with leather straps is more werarble than the canvase one?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Is Oris Big Crown ProPilot with leather straps is more werarble than the canvase one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Oris Big Crown ProPilot with leather straps is more werarble than the canvase one?

The Big Crown ProPilot Date is so eye-catching that I can't resist to try it on. I tried the one with the canvas straps first and although the seller adjusted the length of the bands to fit my wrist, I found it was very uncomfortable wearing it due to the thick and hard band tail inside.

After that I looked at the one with leather bands and felt the bands was a soft leather which I really liked. I wanted to try it but the seller said she couldn't adjust the length of the straps to fit my wrist unless I bought it first because by adjusting the straps, the straps will be damaged.

Can anyone tell me if the leather straps on the ProPilot Date is comfortable or not?

Does anybody have any problem with the canvas straps on this model in real life? I found some reviews on the internet mentioning the problem but I want to hear it from WUS members.

I'm loving mine on the canvas strap. It was stiff and uncomfortable at first, but after a day or two, it softened up and now after a few weeks, I couldn't be happier with it.

My watch came with the crocodile strap, which I didn't care for at all. It may be in my head, but it seemed narrow and didn't look right with the watch, on my wrist. I also didn't like how it felt around the buckle.

YMMV, but the canvas strap does break in.

Justin

Re: Is Oris Big Crown ProPilot with leather straps is more werarble than the canvase one?

This is the second post I've seen on WUS saying that the Oris canvas strap was uncomfortable. As my Oris watches all live on bracelets or rubber I can't pass comment on the leather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Is Oris Big Crown ProPilot with leather straps is more werarble than the canvase one?

I am actually hunting to buy one myself and have been wondering the same. I really like the green canvas strap with the buckle. It looks like an airplane seat belt, but if it's really uncomfortable like some reviewers said I might have to opt for leather strap myself...

I had a propilot air racing IV and found the canvas strap very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Pete

I bought a used one with canvas strap and have no issues. I believe that with some use the strap becomes more flexible and comfortable.

The strap becomes more comfortable over time. I actually have the pro pilot day date, purchased in february 2015, still under warranty, with two canvas straps (green and gray).

Need to save up for something so am looking to move it. Watch is in tip top shape. Let me know if interested. (Sorry I know this is wrong forum, but can't yet post on for sale forum)

Name:  iphone pics 207.JPG
Views: 1065
Size:  1.75 MBName:  iphone pics 211.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  685.6 KB

Canvas strap all the way, the leather strap just didn't look right to me.

My ProPilot Date GMT is on the cloth strap and I personally think that is the only way for this watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's on my wrist these days...

Amazing watche!"S!
    'Time flies when you're having fun'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information