ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115 Quality issue
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115 Quality issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115 Quality issue

I was looking at some review yesterday about the ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115

I noticed some serious quality issues in the quality execution in the watch.
    Lumes, screws, finish.
    This is pretty bad from a watch manufacturer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115 Quality issue

Quote Originally Posted by silverporsche59 View Post
    I was looking at some review yesterday about the ORIS BIG CROWN PROPILOT X CALIBRE 115

Lumes, screws, finish.
    At that magnification rate you'll find those tiny, tiny imperfections on any watch, unless we're talking about $30k Pateks etc.. In the third picture I don't even see what's wrong with it.

This is why I no longer buy into the hype...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Those pics are GIGANTIC. Put the loupe away and quit with the macro photography (even if it is excellent).
    Jeff Scott and cricketdave like this.

Lumes, screws, finish.
    I can see what you mean about the lume application, but the rest of it ? What's wrong with the "3" ? What's wrong with the screw ? I dunno, I feel your expectations are a bit high.... You're talking about microscopic "issues" that, quite honestly, aren't really issues IMO. If this bothers you that much then don't buy the watch ?
    ffritz, Jeff Scott and cricketdave like this.
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

The "3' is supposed to be oriented that way. The lower hemisphere of those numbers have them with the bottom of the number on the outside. It would help if you showed an overall view of the watch face. You've blown things up to a pretty high magnification to show these flaws. I wonder if they are obvious to the normal unaided eye. If you don't like the fit and finish, return it.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Those pics are GIGANTIC. Put the loupe away and quit with the macro photography (even if it is excellent).
    Which, they aren't IME. Those would never pass my photography class.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner1 View Post
    I can see what you mean about the lume application, but the rest of it ? What's wrong with the "3" ? What's wrong with the screw ? I dunno, I feel your expectations are a bit high.... You're talking about microscopic "issues" that, quite honestly, aren't really issues IMO. If this bothers you that much then don't buy the watch ?

My expectations needs to be high specially when you need to pay 7,000 retail
    " The Screw "
    That screw should be watch grade level. Not with notch missing or dented on the slot.
    That insane to have in any watch. Its as if the screw was jacked by some amateur.

The "3" is lume lume looks crooked, maybe its ok maybe its not? But the lumes on the hands are so sloppy not even. Common, 2020 cant make a straight line lume?
    How can SINN or NOMOS smaller watch maker with smaller budget have a zero tolerance for error. Take Seiko on the other extreme, making millions of watches with zero tolerance for error.

The rest is pretty obvious. This is shotty works.

My expectations needs to be high specially when you need to pay 7,000 retail
    " The Screw "
    That screw should be watch grade level. Not with notch missing or dented on the slot.
    That insane to have in any watch. Its as if the screw was jacked by some amateur.

The "3" is lume lume looks crooked, maybe its ok maybe its not? But the lumes on the hands are so sloppy not even. Common, 2020 cant make a straight line lume?
    How can SINN or NOMOS smaller watch maker with smaller budget have a zero tolerance for error. Take Seiko on the other extreme, making millions of watches with zero tolerance for error.

The rest is pretty obvious. This is shotty works.

Have you seen macro shots of Sinn and Nomos watches?

You do not seem to get that most brands, including Rolex and Omega, look imperfect at magnification. Grand Seiko is one of the few bands outside Patek or Vacheron Constantine that do not show these imperfections at this magnification.

So, rather than insisting on the same point, even though others have corrected you, unless you are just trying to make trouble, either read and learn, or perform the research yourself to become more educated.

So, if it's shotty work, then Rolex, Omega, and most brands have shotty work as well.
    John Price likes this.
    It wasn't this time until now. - Me.

Take Seiko on the other extreme, making millions of watches with zero tolerance for error.
    Uhmmm...go to the search bar please and type in "Alignment" and "Seiko". Buckle up, you're about to go on a journey.........
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information