Oris diver vintage dial questions

Thread: Oris diver vintage dial questions

Oris diver vintage dial questions

Hi all I was looking to replace my the dial on my 1960's waterproof after an unfortunate accident .I was hoping someone could let me know if this dial was a genuine 1960s original.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Oris diver vintage dial questions

Not sure if it helps any but all the pics I found of a 1965 waterproof had a date window at 3:00.

That was my original thought but I know there quite scarce and maybe at some point in the sixties they launched a no date , I've attached some better pictures the patina on the face & lume looks genuine and as you can see the dial feet have snapped off so I find it hard to think it's been repainted but don't want to create a frankenwatch!
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Oris diver vintage dial questions

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Not sure if it helps any but all the pics I found of a 1965 waterproof had a date window at 3:00.
    I also have never seen a no-date vintage Oris diver. Having a date was considered a useful feature back then, as watches often got worn out of the water too. Something that a lot of single-issue "enthusiasts" forget...

Oris's own vintage originals - the ones they put in the display cases at boutiques - all have a date window. All these 2016-on limited editions - Hodinkee, Timeless, Topper, Redbar, Revolution... they're all "remakes" of a watch that never existed, as someone romantically assumed that the original must have been missing a date. Because you know, vintage watches never had a date window!

Thread Information