Oris Divers Sixty-Five 36mm thoughts?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Canwatch
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 2 Post By mercurynfo

Thread: Oris Divers Sixty-Five 36mm thoughts?

Oris Divers Sixty-Five 36mm thoughts?

Hi everyone, hoping I can get some thoughts and possibly some photos of the 36mm Oris Sixty-Five.

I am considering the reference 01 733 7747 4354-07 8 17 18. Black with the bronze edge on the bezel with a bracelet.

Unfortunately I only have one Oris AD close by (in a small jewelry store) so their stock isn’t very much. But to my surprise I saw they had a 40mm green in the window so I decided to try it on. I think the 40mm is pushing the limits of my wrist size.

Does anyone have a 36mm Sixty-Five and willing to share their experience? I am hesitant on the lug size at 17mm, as it may look weird on a nato, and would have to squish a 18mm leather straps onto it. Also 17mm bracelet to me seems really thin.

Not looking at buying right now. Heading to the USA over Easter and am considering getting a watch if I can find one I love in Duty Free. This watch just seems to be a decent value for money, and looks spectacular!

I currently have a Rolex OP36 and I have come to love and appreciate the size as my everyday. I had a Tudor BB ETA red and found it so large I sold it. So the 36mm of the Sixty-five seems really appealing.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

evlkoala and dustytriumph like this.

Re: Oris Divers Sixty-Five 36mm thoughts?

I’ve got the 40mm green and love it but I can see why you are interested in the 36mm and why you’re a little unsure of it. If you’re travelling then see if you can try on on to gain a better idea how it looks on your wrist.
    evlkoala likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I’ve got the 40mm green and love it but I can see why you are interested in the 36mm and why you’re a little unsure of it. If you’re travelling then see if you can try on on to gain a better idea how it looks on your wrist.
    ...would you mind posting a shot of you green Divers 65...in the market and would love to see a good shot of a 40mm in green shot in daylight especially if on a leather strap. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    evlkoala and dustytriumph like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the 40mm Deauville blue, which I adore. I love the original vintage dial, unchanged from the ‘65 version. I only wish it were available in a 36mm size!! The trend is definitely towards smaller watches again, so maybe there’s hope for me. But either way, this case design, the specs, the perfect vintage vibe, makes the 65 a modern classic, and I think the 36mm is the perfect size to pack this punch!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    All my watches are fantastic in their own way, and were acquired after (and often because of) hours spent on this forum!

i have a 6 3/4 inch wrist and hesitated a bit between the 65 and the big crown pointer date. finally opted for latter one in 36mm bronze. fits like a charm.

i was worried about the 17mm strap too before getting it but still looks perfectly fine in the end.
    finding a nato strap is a challenge though

I think the 40mm looks great in that pic! I love the smaller watches myself, had a Rolex Explorer 1 36mm, and a couple of OP34, which I thought fit really well. And I love watches of all sizes. I have a Divers 65 40mm, and think it's the best size. For some reason, when I tried on a couple of ORIS 36mm models they just didn't work, and could never figure out why, maybe the straps taper too much? Just my thoughts, though, for a guy who has a 7.25in wrist. But looking at the photo, I would say stick with 40mm.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

If you are someone who likes to swap the strap frequently, 17mm lug width might feel a bit inconvenient for you. If not, it does wear very nicely on a slimmer wrist. I used to have an OP36 and tried on the 36mm diver 65 at a boutique before and it felt so good!

I think you can wear the 40mm. These pics always make the watch seem bigger than it really is. I bet in real life it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information