Oris experts, please chime in......
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Oris experts, please chime in......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oris experts, please chime in......

Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Big Crown Timer. However, the nearest Oris dealer is about 3 hours away so this will be a "sight unseen" purchase. I'm torn between the regular version and the Swiss Hunter Team PS. My questions are:

-Is the strap on the Hunter as dark in person as it appears in the pictures? Is it easily confused with black, or is it clearly brown in person?
    -Aside from the subtle differences in dial color, indicators and exhibition-glass markings; are their any significant differences I should be aware of?
    -Is the Hunter too "gimmicky" (for want of a better word) in your opinion?

I'd value any thoughts you're willing to share concerning these two versions.

Thanks for the input,

Matt

Swiss Hunter (small pic), Timer (large pic). Photos from Jomashop:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Zeroedout; July 31st, 2014 at 19:52.

Re: Oris experts, please chime in......

I always like to see the watch in person and especially if it's a model of never seen before.

3 hours is along way but it may just be worth it, call before to make sure they have the right models in stock

OK, now that I've put them in this thread the straps look nearly identical. I have no clue why the pics posted this way, lol, but on the website the straps look distinctly different in color.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Richerson View Post
    I always like to see the watch in person and especially if it's a model of never seen before.

3 hours is along way but it may just be worth it, call before to make sure they have the right models in stock
    I'm going to need to buy this one online, and the nearest dealer doesn't have both in stock and seemed unwilling to get the other one without a deposit. I'm sure I'll be happy with either, but I've been debating far to long with no definitive decision. Looking for any kind of push in one direction.

Can't help you with the strap colour, but I'd personally go for the hunter, (small pic)

dial all looks cleaner, I love the red dot on the back of the minute hand, I personally like a date over day/date

just me

I echo Richerson's thoughts about the day. Despite having several watches with day displays I'd sooner not have them. Can't help you with the colour thing but have you looked on the interweb for images as the Oris website photos are notoriously poor.
    Last edited by sticky; July 31st, 2014 at 20:46. Reason: Typo

I appreciate the input. I'm leaning toward the Hunter now. If I can get through the night without changing my mind (again) I'll place the order in the morning.
    Thanks

Don't forget to come back with pictures

Sorry I didn't see these posts earlier! I have the exact watch you're interested in. Both of the Oris straps I have with mine are very dark, they appear black in person. I'm absolutely thrilled with mine, no regrets whatsoever.
    “To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Here's my Swiss Hunter PS on the black strap with contrast stitching, the other strap is at home and I remember it being very dark brown with dark stitching. Hope that helps!

JonS1967 likes this.
    “To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information