Oris In House Movement
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Barge
  • 1 Post By Barge
  • 2 Post By iBlake

Thread: Oris In House Movement

Oris In House Movement

Greetings all,

I was watching one of my my many watch YouTubers and one of them mentioned that they believe Oris is working on an in-house movement for their timepieces.

I feel this is only logical for the company as per their success but was wondering if anyone has heard anything further beyond rumor?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Oris In House Movement

Quote Originally Posted by SugarShack View Post
    Greetings all,

I was watching one of my my many watch YouTubers and one of them mentioned that they believe Oris is working on an in-house movement for their timepieces.

I feel this is only logical for the company as per their success but was wondering if anyone has heard anything further beyond rumor?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oris recommenced in-house movement production 5 years ago with the Calibre 110, released to coincide with their 110th anniversary.

Since then they've released derivatives every year, culminating with the Calibre 115 released in the ProPilot X this past week.

https://www.horbiter.com/en/top10/te...-113-and-more/

My cal.111
    jermyzy, MR028 and John Price like this.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rumours about Oris going fully in-house have been circulating for years. I suppose that goal is a step closer now they have an in-house movement but it’s still a major step going the whole hog.

If Oris was to make a standard 3 hander movement it would increase the cost of their entry level watches, and almost everyone here would be complaining about the price increase.

I don't think it makes any sense for them to do so.
    ljb187 likes this.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

I doubt they would go full in house, I can see them doing what they have done with their pilot watch lines but across their whole product stack.

Offer both

Have a premium tier line with in house movements that is aiming at the likes of Tudor for example.

But keep their existing products that are based on sellita movements positioned at their traditional price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumabear View Post
    I doubt they would go full in house, I can see them doing what they have done with their pilot watch lines but across their whole product stack.

Offer both

Have a premium tier line with in house movements that is aiming at the likes of Tudor for example.

But keep their existing products that are based on sellita movements positioned at their traditional price point.
    Couldn't agree more - at the end Oris aim to be luxury watches at the reach of anyone. Both quality, horology and brand name is included in a decent price.
    If they want to level up their game - just have another line instead of changing the whole brand concept.
    Barge and [email protected] like this.

Thread Information